05. "Hello Harry, this is Christopher."

Katie’s POV

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Kat…” he was left speechless and turned towards me.

“Martin?”

“Umm…”

“Did you have the keys this whole time?”

He looked away.

“I asked you a question.”

“I didn’t.”

“How did you get into the apartment then?”

Silence.

“How did you get into the apartment?” I yelled at him. “What are you hiding from me?”

“I’m not hiding anything.” he answered, confused, looking like he didn’t know how to get himself out of this situation.

“Was the door unlocked?”

“No.”

“So? I swear I’m not going to waste my time any longer. Can you please tell me what’s going on?”

“I… I had your keys.” he stumbled and looked away, like he was talking to the wall.

“And why is that?”

Silence again.

“Why is that?” I repeated with a raised voice.

“It’s not my fault.”

“Who’s is it then?”

“They hired me.”

“Who?”

“The management.”

“What?” now I was the one left speechless.

I was totally shocked. They’re interfering with mine and Harry’s lives again. Haven’t they figured it out yet that we won’t just let them control us?

“They paid me.”

“Paid you to do what?” I was getting more and more angry.

“To get photos of you and someone else.”

“To make Harry jealous?”

“Obviously.”

“Martin, can you please just go. I don’t want to see you again. Ever. Go now.”

He left without a goodbye and closed the door behind him. I couldn’t believe what he just told me. Is something like this actually possible? What else will they try to break us up? What else are they capable of coming up with? We have to be prepared for everything. All the time. You never know when your best allay could turn into your worst enemy.

I looked at the clock and noticed that my flight to Australia just took off. And because of something stupid like this my time with Harry was cut down short. Because of the management. Of course, everything became clear now. Martin came to work in Forever 21 just because of me. They told him to do that because they found out that I worked there as well. What’s wrong with them?

Firstly I called the airport hoping, that there’s another flight available today and asked about the details. They told me everything I needed to know and said that I could fly out tomorrow. Oh well, it’s not today, but still better than never. I can’t wait to hug Harry. I miss him so much.

When I took care of things necessary regarding my flight tomorrow then came the hard part, telling Harry why exactly I lied to him about not being able to come see him. I hope he won’t resent me too much.

Harry’s POV

Katie was supposed to be here in one day, but no, she’s enjoying herself in someone else’s company, probably in my apartment. This can’t be true. She told me she loved me. I really won’t be able to handle it if something like that really happened. Why won’t she call me? Just as I was thinking that my phone rang. Unknown number.

“Hello?”

“Hello Harry, this is Christopher.”

“Christopher?”

“You might not know me yet, I work for the management. I was hired about a week ago. I’m taking over things and responsibilities from now on.”

“Yes?” I still wasn’t quite sure what this is about.

“Are you available right now?”

“I am.”

“I must ask you how are things with Katie?”

I didn’t know what to answer. Ever since I saw that photo I didn’t know how things were between us.

“It’s like it was before.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

“We’re staying together.”

“Oh… but have you seen those photos posted online?”

“Yes.” I replied shortly.

“And are you letting her do such things to you?”

“Yes.”

“I can hear that you’re not in a good mood.”

“I feel great.” I answered.

I couldn’t be bothered to talk to him, especially not about things concerning my personal life. We’ll handle it ourselves, whatever went wrong anyways. There’s no need for them to interfere.

“Is she planning on visiting you in Australia?”

“No, because she has to work.”

I hear a sigh of relief.

“Thank you Harry, that will be all for now.”

I hung up and noticed I had three missed calls, all from Katie. She hasn’t called all day and then she calls just when I’m talking with someone else. I won’t call her back. There’s obviously something going on between her and the management. I’m gone for just a second and the problems start again. I don’t even know if I can trust her anymore. But…  I love her!