04. "Martin!?"

Katie’s POV

The entire day I was occupied with looking for my keys. I kept calling various people that could help me. Later on in the evening I noticed that Liam called me. How could I miss it? I had my phone on me this whole time. I kept calling different numbers so I must have overlooked Liam’s call. But I can’t call him back now, he’s probably asleep. I’ll call him first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll be stuck at home anyway, because I can’t go anywhere without my keys.

I slept over at Martin’s tonight as well. Thank god there are still good souls like him around. I was supposed to travel to Australia today. But looks like I’ll have to stay home, because… I won’t even mention it anymore.

When I got up Martin was already ready to go to work. I decided to go to the store first and buy myself some clothes. I really can’ keep re-wearing the skirt and shirt I wore on Saturday. Thank god I had my wallet with all my documents with me. If I lost that too... nobody could help me then.

I called Liam whilst I was walking to the nearest store.

“Hey!”

“Hey Liam. I’m sorry I didn’t pick up yesterday. I only saw that you called late at night, but you were probably asleep by then.”

“That’s okay.”

“Are you free now or am I bothering you?”

“I’m free.” he said.

“Why did you call me?” I asked.

Liam’s POV

“I called because I just don’t seem to get something.”

“What don’t you get, tell me?”

“Who’s that guy with you in those pictures?”

“What pictures?” She was surprised.

“Some photos appeared online with you together with another guy.”

“What guy? Send me the link.”

I sent her the link.

“What?” I heard after a while.

“Can you tell me what really happened here, Katie?”

“I can’t believe it. That’s not me on the last photo. Liam, did Harry see this?”

“Yes. He thinks this is the reason you’re not coming. I’m not going to tell him anything, just please tell me the truth.”

“I can’t believe it. Liam, I lied to Harry. As you know, I was supposed to travel to Australia today. I told Harry that I must work the whole week but that’s not true, I got time off. I didn’t want to tell him the truth because then he’d be surely angry with me. I lost the apartment keys. I can’t get in.”

I almost started laughing.

“And this is the cause of all the drama. Why didn’t you tell him, you should of seen what he’s like now. He’s walking around like a heap of misery.”

“This can’t be. Does he think I cheated on him?”

“Yes.”

“But Liam, you know I’d never do that.” I whimpered.

“I know, but it’d still be best if you told him right away that you lost the keys. That’s after all not such a big deal.”

“I know, I don’t know why I didn’t.”

“And how did this happen?”

“On Saturday me and some co-workers went out and when I got home and wanted to unlock the door my keys were nowhere to be seen. Martin, my co-worker then offered I could stay at his place, so that’s where I’m staying now.”

“That’s the guy from the pictures?”

“Yes, that’s him.”

“You must tell this to Harry, he’s really worried.”

“I will, but first I must get this sorted so that I can fly over there as soon as possible.”

“But first tell Harry.”

“I will.”

Katie’s POV

While talking to Liam I picked out some clothes that would be okay for the next few days, until I get into the apartment.

As I was walking back to Martin’s place I decided to swing by Harry’s. Hoping that the keys would magically appear. When I reached the door I grabbed the doorknob. The door opened. The apartment is unlocked? I stepped inside. I got really scared. I didn’t know what was going on. How can the door be unlocked if it was locked yesterday. I walked down the hallways to the living room.

“Martin!?”