14. "Do you love me?"

Katie’s POV

I was lying in bed, waiting for the boys to return from the concert. I was absolutely bored and I had no idea what to do. I kept thinking if I was making the right decision, leaving tomorrow or if I’ll maybe regret this forever. To tell you the truth I’d rather leave now, at this exact moment. I know how hard it will be for me when I’ll see him again. Suddenly I didn’t know what to do anymore. Exhausted from overthinking I soon feel asleep.

Suddenly a weird sound coming from the outside woke me up.

“Harry are you here?” I said quietly.

I turned on the light and noticed everything was just as I left it before I fell asleep. Oh, I probably fell asleep for about 5 minutes, which seemed like forever now. I grabbed my phone and looked at the clock. 3:12. Whaaat? And he still isn’t here. He didn’t say he was going somewhere after the concert.

I couldn’t fall back asleep. I kept questioning where he is and what he’s doing.

After about an hour of tossing and turning I heard someone stop in front of our door. I heard them talking. I recognized Harry’s and Liam’s voice.

“Harry, do as we said. No second thoughts, okay?”

“Thank you Liam.”

He quietly opened the door and let himself in. I pretended to sleep. He took a shower and laid in bed. I was till pretending to sleep.

“Goodnight Katie.” he said and kissed my cheek.

He thought I didn’t hear him, but I knew all too well what he was doing since he came back.

Harry’s POV

I don’t think this was the best decision. But I trust Liam. He knows her longer than me. I couldn’t fall asleep. I kept worrying what will happen tomorrow. What if she really leaves, like she told Liam? What if I don’t muster up enough courage? I have to do it. Everything. I mustn’t let myself lose her this was, because of them.

I finally fell asleep, but not for long. As soon as the sun peaked through the window I was woken up by a noise in the room. It was Katie, she was packing her stuff. Time to get up. Pull yourself together Harry, I said to myself.

“Good morning Katie.”

“Morning.” she said and continued packing, without even looking at me for a second.

I hope everything goes according to plan, like we planned with Liam. I acted like I didn’t know anthing in front of her. We’re actually going to Melbourne today, so we have to pack our things anyway. I got up from the bed, prepared my suitcase and started packing.

“How did you sleep?” I asked while folding my clothes in the suitcase.

“Good, you?”

“Okay. I can’t wait to get to Melbourne.”

She remained quiet. I stepped over to her. She was just closing her suitcase.

“Tell me the truth Katie, do you love me?”

She looked at me. She looked like she didn’t sleep all night.

“Do you love me?” I asked again.