31. "Anything for you."

Katie’s POV

“Good morning love. Did you have fun at the party?” Harry’s voice woke me up the next morning in bed.

“Sure.” I said and smiled a little. “Harry, you really shouldn’t have gone through all this trouble just for me.”

“Anything for you.” he said and caressed my cheek. “Is something wrong?” he asked me when he noticed that I wasn’t acting like I normally do.

I was quiet. I don’t know if I should tell him. What if he hates me? What if he’ll never want to speak to me again?

Harry’s POV

“Was something wrong at the party yesterday?”

“No. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to know what’s really wrong.”

“I think I do.”

“I found out yesterday…”

She took a deep breath and breathed out slowly.

“… that they were keeping the truth away from me for all this time. I found out who my real father is.”

I didn’t know what to say. She was obviously hurt. I put myself in her shoes. It’s pretty clear that this is not easy for her.

“I’m scared that you won’t love me anymore if I tell you the truth.”

“Oh Katie. Why would you think that? I’ll always love you, no matter what. This has nothing to do with my love for you, don’t you think?”

She almost started crying. I saw how difficult this was for her.

“I don’t want him to be my father. But I can’t really change it, can I?”

“It doesn’t matter who your father is or even what he’s like. It’s important who you are. And you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“It’s Christopher.” she suddenly blurted out.

“You mean… our Christopher?”

“Yes. Please Harry, don’t be mad at me.” she added, worried.

“I’m not.” I said and hugged her, even though I was really shocked by this.

She can’t be his daughter. She’s not like him at all. No. She doesn’t even look like him, let alone act like him.

“You don’t hate me because of this?” she asked while I was still hugging her.

“Of course not. I love you in spite of who your father is.”

But this. I can’t believe it. Why were they keeping the truth from her for all this time?

No matter what happened or what is happening now, I will always love her just the way she is.