30. "You look stunning."

Katie’s POV

“You look stunning.” he told me when I put on the dress he bought me.

“Thank you.”

“Are you ready to go?”

“Yes.” I smiled at him.

He held my hand. The taxi was already waiting for us in front of the apartment. Harry opened the door for me and let me get in first. He held my hand for the entire ride. I couldn’t wish for anything more perfect than this. 

When we arrived at the club, where the party was held, Liam was already waiting for us in front. Even before I could get out of the taxi he already wished me a happy birthday, hugged me and gave me his present.

We entered the club together, where all of the other guests were already waiting for me. I knew Perrie, Gemma and Lou from before. But it was my first time meeting Eleanor, who excitedly greeted me and wished me happy birthday. I think we’ll get on just fine.

The waiter immediately poured me a shot. I’m not a big fan of alcohol, but since it is my birthday, I can enjoy myself a little, right?

I was chatting with Eleanor and Perrie when the music suddenly stopped playing. Everything went quiet. Until we heard Liam’s loud voice.

“Katie, come over here.” he said into the microphone.

I looked over at Eleanor and Perrie, who started laughing at me. What’s going on? I walked onto the middle of the dance floor. Ok, now I’m in the center of attention. I didn’t like it one bit. I stood there and waited for something to happen. Those few seconds seemed like hours. I finally saw that something was happening. A massive cake was approaching me and everyone started singing.

Happy birthday to you,

happy birthday to you,

happy birthday Dear Katie,

happy birthday to you.

“Oh my god.”

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I truly didn’t expect something like this.

“And now… when you’ll blow out the candles, make a wish.” Liam, who was now standing next to me, said.

I took a deep breath. Blowing out 20 candles is not so easy. 20 already?

I wish that Harry would love me even after he finds out the truth.

I successfully blew out all the candles.

“Did you make a wish?” Liam asked.

“I did.” I said with a smile on my face.

Out of nowhere, Harry’s voice was heard over the microphone.

“I case some of you don’t know. I’m telling you now. I’m engaged to this beautiful girl that’s standing in the middle of the dance floor. Look at her! Isn't she lovely, Isn't she wonderful, Isn't she precious …?”

Oh Harry, how much have you had to drink? Can you stop? I definitely blushed, thank god that it was quite dark and not everyone saw.

“… Yes, that’s my Katie!”

This would have certainly been the best party ever, if I hadn’t found out the truth that my mom was hiding from me. 

Will he love me in spite of it?

_________________________

I know Liam and Sophia are together now. But when I started writing the story - Blast From The Past Liam was single. So he is single as a Pringle in this story too. :P

Just to remind you, I included Danille in the previous story (Blast From The Past).

----------

13. “Why are you crying?”

Liam's POV

... “Do you still have feelings for Danielle?”

I'd be lying if I said no. But if I say yes then I'll lose any chance I might have with Katie.

“Liam?”

I felt uncomfortable, I turned away from her. “Of course I still have feelings for her. You can't just forget a relationship like that. You need time. But I feel much better than at the beginning.” Then I saw Harry walking towards the pool. I think he didn't notice us, but I still felt uneasy.

“You still love her, don't you?” ...

----------

I think it would be weird if he suddenly start dating another girl (Sophia).

-X.