Where Am I?

I woke up but didn't open my eyes. I noticed we were slowing down. I opened my eyes when we came to a complete stop. I'm not in the car. I'm on a train. I still have my bag, shoes, and glasses with me.

I take a moment to try and understand how I got here. Then, I remember the car accident. It brought up even more questions.

I take a quick glance around. There are a few more people with me, all look around my age. 14, 15, 16 would be my guess. Most have also just woke up it seems. They all seem just as confused as I feel.

The train doors slide open and an intercom dings, like what you hear on an airplane. An automatic voice comes on.

"We are sorry to say that have reached the end of the line. Please exit the train. We will not make anymore stops until next month. Thank you for travelling with us. Enjoy your stay."

Not a moment of silence passed before one of the kids blurt out, "Where are we?"

No one said anything. We all just stared, which on its own, was enough of an answer.

"Then how did we get here?" The same guy asked, quieter.

Again, no one said anything. We all didn't want to move. I looked up and down the train cart again. There aren't any windows, just one sliding door, open. There are no doors attaching this cart to another.

"Please exit the train," The automatic voice asked again.

None of us moved for another moment. Someone started speaking quietly. Finally, one person stood up and slowly walked out. The others followed her example, and I was left to overthink for another moment before finally following everyone else.

The moment I stepped off the train, the doors closed behind me and the train left the station. Panic only began to set in. The other kids ran to the edge and watched the train leave.

A couple of them started shouting their worries. One jumped down into the tracks.

"What are you doing!" The girl who led us out yelled. "Get out! You're gonna get killed."

He quickly looks the other way, then around, before at her, eyes full of a confused panic. "By what?" He demands. "There no way for a train to come in! The sides are sealed!"

That got everyone to look for themselves. A few jumped down with him, but no one had to. It's as if we're in a sealed tunnel. The rails only extend for maybe half a mile past the wall, then there's a brick wall. The train, nowhere to be seen.

"Okay," the girl starts. She takes a moment to gather her thoughts. "Let's stick together and. . . figure out where we are. Find a police station and tell them were lost." She takes another moment. "When we leave the station we'll call home to tell them were safe and all of that."

No one said anything. The three on the rails crawled out. We stood around for a moment before she walked off. The others slowly followed. So did I.

The train station wasn't at all large nor hard to get out of. All it was was the room we're in and stairs to lead us out.

The first thing that hit me was tall buildings and grey. There's no grass or trees or anything. The streets are completely empty of both people and cars. There aren't even cars parked on the side of the road. The buildings, for some reason, have no windows.

There's only one person here, and he's sitting, cross-legged, on a bench next to the station, reading a book. I recognise him. He's the crazy guy from the metro.

The leader walked up to him. "Excuse me?"

He looks up at her, saying nothing.

"Where are we?"