Making the Plan

My arm was healed and I couldn't be more grateful. Sam showed me where I can shower and gave me some clothing to change into when I'm done, which I'm very thankful for. I didn't take long to get everything going. However, when I took off the glove, I noticed the paint spread. My stomach dropped when I realised that this stuff does, in fact, spread.

For the longest time, all I did was stare. I eventually brought myself to ask Demon, "It really does spread?"

He took forever to answer. I didn't think he would. "You didn't believe me when I told you?"

"Well, I-"

"Shut up. How stupid are you?"

"I didn't even begin to think how weird this place could be, okay?"

"Whatever, Idiot."

I look to the floor. Demon sighs.

"Okay, look. When you're done, just forget about it. Keep the glove on and don't let anyone see it. The last thing you need is Blue Idiot seeing this."

"Could I do something?"

"Ignore it."

"I mean to get it off."

"Go back in time and tell yourself not to be an idiot. As far as I know, there was only one way to get rid of it."

"Was?"

"It was some weird ass cow who was literally the only animal that isn't a dog to show up in Nowhere. If you managed to get him to lick you, it could fix literally anything. He's dead."

I took a moment. "That was the only way?"

Nothing was said after that. I didn't at all spend a long time showering. I changed into the clothing Sam gave me, a blue shirt and sweatpants. I then put the single glove back on. I left and Sam and I walked back to his room.

"So," he begins, seeming as if he's trying to find something to say. He then notices put the glove back on. "Why are you still wearing that?"

I look at my hand, then shrug. A moment passes.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I nod. "I'm just. . . thinking," I slowly say.

He takes a moment. "Homesick?"

I didn't find myself thinking about home until he asked. I can't help but laugh a little. "I am now."

"Sorry."

"You're good. There's just a lot to think about right now. Like, how's back home? What am I supposed to do? In all of those stories, the Power Source had this big role. Do I also?"

We enter his room. He closes the door behind him and we stay standing for a while.

"What do you think you're supposed to do?" he asks.

"I don't know. And I mean about- well- her."

Something clicked inside of him as he remembered, "Oh, right." I only nod. "Speaking of which, what did she do when she overheard?"

I look to the ground and scratch my head. "She was wondering when I would figure it out and told me I'm not allowed to leave now."

"No," he immediately says. "Just because of that, we're getting you out of there first thing tomorrow."

"First thing?" I ask.

"First thing," he repeats.

"Paul always makes us eat breakfast first thing," I remind.