Colour

I hadn't showered for four days now. It's weird to think I used to go much longer times before without being uncomfortable. I wonder if I could convince the girl to let me shower.

I mean, she did feed me.

I look down at my empty bowl. I really need to do something with it. I can't just leave it. Plus, it's boring in here.

I look up to the door, wondering if I could just leave. I decide to chance it and stand up, grabbing my bowl.

I leave the room, entering a very thin hallway. Only one person can fit in here at a time. The walls are a light brown and the floor is so the same carpet in the girl's room. There are pictures along the wall and a painted, floral design on the bottom of the wall.

I really like the hallway. If this were my house, I'd sit here to read, honestly.

The bedroom is the only door in the hallway. One end is a window, and the other are stairs. It's not at all a long hallway. I decide to look out the window to see where I am.

I never been in this part of town, that's for sure. It's actually colourful, and there's grass. It's houses and not buildings, each house painted a colour with no fear of if it's a nice house colour or not. In the distance are the buildings I'm used to seeing in town. The houses seem to have splatters of colours on the side, most have three some only two.

The colour seems to be painted on with no worry of making it look nice or making it belong. It's just there. The street is a nice black with sharp, yellow lines. There's even small splatters of colour in the road. In the grass, wild flowers, trees, and even bushes grow.

It looks so nice outside, I want to just play around in the grass or lay there. While it's only been three days, I never think I would miss grass and colour so much.

If it wasn't for the buildings I'm used to in the distance, I would think I'm in a completely different town.

Forget the shower- I wonder if I could convince the girl to let me outside.

I quickly turn around and head to the stairs. I didn't fully make it down when the girl runs over and stops me, signalling for me to stay quiet. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Lin? What have I told you about running?" I woman demands.

"Sorry mom," says Lin.

She signals me to go back upstairs. Well, there goes going outside. I hand her the bowl. She takes it and signals me to go back upstairs again before leaving again.

"What were you running for?"

"I saw a. . . spider," Lin lies.

I slowly walk back upstairs. So, this kid kidnapped me and is hiding me from her mom? What would happen if I just walked out then?

I found myself smiling at the thought of her getting in trouble for having me over without her mom knowing.

In the end, I decide not to. I wouldn't want do be in the middle if she gets yelled at. Instead, I went back to her room to be bored. Soon, I found myself at the giant paint brush to amuse myself with.

That's when Demon speaks up again, "Don't touch it."

"Why?" I say, annoyed from him bossing me around.

"Why the hell do you think?"

I don't answer him. Instead, I stroke the Brussels with the palm of my hand to spite him. A moment of silence passes from him as a migraine decides to assault me.

"How come," he starts, quiet, "You never seem to listen to me?"

I try talking, but he cuts me off, being louder than before. "If there was any possible way to leave, you could be out of this cruddy place by now. You don't even seem to listen to me about that either! You just HAVE to go against EVERYTHING I tell you to do!"