Good Morning, I Guess

I woke up from a dream when we still lived in Canada, so I woke up in a bad mood. Despite the dream, I wasn't ready to wake up. I felt horrible. My head hurt, I felt sick, tired, and it was so cold. I turned over in bed and pulled the covers tightly around me.

The events from yesterday slowly came back to me. What even happened? I can barely remember anything after Big Blue decided to kiss me.

Just remembering it made me feel even sicker than I already do.

But, I'm in a bed now. Did whatever they try not work? Did Alixe and Chinny lose? Where am I?

I finally bring myself to open my eyes.

I'm in a completely different room. It's pretty dark, but I can still tell it's day out. It's a small room. On the wall in front of me are bookshelves, completely packed with books. I can hear talking. I bring myself to sit up despite how horrible I feel. As soon as I was up, my nausea and pain doubled. It took all my might to not fall back into bed.

I peered around the small wall the bed was against and further into the room. On the other end of the room is a kitchen. At the table sits two familiar faces. Sam and the crazy guy from the Metro. They're drinking tea.

I didn't get to listen to their conversation, because as soon as I saw them, they noticed me back. Sam smiled and Metro's expression lightened.

"Good morning," said Metro. Is it really?

"You're finally awake!" Sam says. "How are you feeling?"

Metro stood up from his seat and was already making his way towards me.

"Horrible," I answer. My voice sounds exactly how I feel.

Metro pushed me back into bed. "You need to rest, still." He then placed a hand on my forehead. "You are still freezing." He leaves towards the kitchen.

"Where am I? And what happened?"

By now, Sam made his way over to the bed. "That guy's place," he answers. "He won't tell me his name."

"I do not have a name," Metro announces.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, I guess you suddenly got really sick and passed out. He was there when it happened, said he was a long time friend, and brought you here. Personally, I didn't trust him, but he knew your name and I didn't really have any other choice."

Metro was back by my side. He placed a warm rag on my head. "You caught the cold," he specified.

"This isn't the cold," I immediately said.

"That's what I was saying," Sam says.

"It does be it," Metro begins. "Common sickness symptoms with dangerously low body temperature. It be the cold. I assumed you caught this from the ring leader. She was sick not too long ago."

I hate being reminded. "Let me guess," I grudgingly say, "It spreads through a kiss?"

There was a heavy silence.

"I do suppose it would spread faster through bodily fluids. May I ask why?"

"Wait, then why aren't I-?" Sam cut himself off. He looked disgusted now. He turned around and walked back to the kitchen.

Metro calls after him, "I tell you, tell the press. Your story alone can, at least, get her in serious trouble."

"What happened?" I ask.

Metro answers, "His ' "bad experiences" ' with the ring leader. How are you feeling?"

"Horrible," I answer again. "Why is it so cold?"