New Adventure

"How long were you here for?" I asked.

It took a moment for someone to answer. "Three... four weeks?" Katelyn says.

"Three sounds right," Alixe responds. "Cuz we learned about the tournament thing like a day or two after arriving.

"Did all of you arrived together or something?" I demanded.

Katelyn shifted her hand. "I saw Chinny in the train station when I got here. Alixe and Grace got off the same train though."

I stared in awe, jealous that they got to find each other so quickly. It was a surprise figuring out that they came here too, and they didn't have to experience that. I wonder what they thought of this place when they first got here since they were together instead of alone like I was. How much better would this whole experience have been if I arrived with them? Would I have been kidnapped even once?

"Something on your mind?" Alixe suddenly asks me.

"No-" I start. "Well, sort of. Just thinking about how funny it is that you guys were together since coming here, but I was all alone..."

She gave me a small pat on my head. "It's okay. We're all together now."

Grace said, "It must've been hard for you being alone! I had, like, seven different breakdowns. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I was alone."

Chinny added on, "Seven doesn't sound right. It was more like... thirty."

"Nu-uh! I'm dramatic but I'm not that dramatic!"

"Fine, fine. A hundred."

"Chinny!"

 I laugh watching them. I really missed this- and them. I'm glad it was so easy to find them. If it wasn't for Kai, who knows how long it would've taken to find them. We weren't even heading in the same direction.

"So where are we heading?" I asked the group.

Katelyn answered, "Chinny has been trying to find a way to get out of here and go back home."

My smile slowly dropped. 

Do I have to tell them?

"Though, honestly, she's not doing a very good job," Alixe says.

Chinny immediately turns to her. "I don't see you doing any better."

"I'm just saying, we should've been out by now."

"And we would be if you hadn't made us stop for Liz."

"We can't leave," I quickly said. Just I was hoping, it stopped the argument. However, I now had to crush their hopes, which I really didn't want to do.

"Wait, so that's actually true?" Alixe asks.

"What do you mean we can't leave?" Chinny demands. 

I shrink down and murmur, "That we can't leave. It's impossible."

"That's hard to believe," Katelyn says.

"Liz, it's just a town. Of course we can leave. Nothing is stopping us from doing that."

Alixe started defending me. "You think that if we were able to, we would know that people with magic actually exist? That we would've saw some before coming here?"

I started twiddling my thumbs. "And everyone here says you can't leave Nowhere."

"Nowhere?" Grace asks.

"The town," Alixe answers. "It's the name of this town."

Chinny snapped again. "Will you stop acting like you know everything?! Just because this place is you made up ' "Dream World" ' doesn't mean anything you think about here is even right!"