Saved I Guess

I found out that this house has books. Now, I can read again. While I'd rather continue reading my book, I can't since it's not with me. Plus, if I don't want Demon talking to me, I don't have much of a choice.

Most of the books were in languages I didn't understand, so I didn't have much of a selection to work with.

I reading on Lime's bed. I would be in the living room if she didn't shoo me upstairs. I don't know why she did, really.

I was forced out of reading when yelling suddenly started.

"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!"

The shouting startled me into dropping the book.

"YOU DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!"

I push myself into the bed corner as if to get away from the yelling.

"YOU DON'T CONTROL ME! I WANT ANSWERS!"

The second person starts rambling incoherently when the first person cuts them off to yell again. I really don't want to listen to this at all. I cover my ears, but they're still mostly clear.

The arguing goes on for a while more- the light in the room seems to be glowing brighter as the minutes pass.

"JUST PISS OFF!"

It's silent for a moment after that, giving me the feeling it's over. Then, someone stomps up the stairs.

"YOU DO NOT STOMP UP THOSE STEPS."

"I TOLD YOU TO PISS OFF!"

Lime roughly opens the door. Before she slams it shut, she says a final thing to whoever she's arguing with. "HAVE YOU EVER EVEN THOUGHT I'M LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF YOU TWO?!"

She slams the door close before sitting against it, head buried between her legs. Her brown scarf is stuck in the door.

Nothing is said after that. Neither of us moves, either. Should I say something? Should I do something? I end up only watching her, trying to think of what to do and waiting for any sign she's okay.

I couldn't help but see me in her.

Eventually, she sits up and rubs her eyes. Then, she stands, now seeing her scarf stuck in the door. She yanks it out before walking to the dresser infront of her bed.

I decide to slowly crawl over to check on her. She's stuffing clothing in a bad.

I bring myself to ask, "Are you okay?"

She looks up before quickly looking away. "Yeah I'm fine," she mutters, continuing to stuff clothes. She's obviously not. I don't know what to do to help though.

What would I want someone to do for me?

I can't help but remember the event that happened earlier today, making it even harder to talk to her now. I try pushing the thoughts away and force myself to ask another question.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" She snaps. "This isn't rocket science."

"Sorry," I quickly apologies.

She then throws the bag across the room. "I don't even need that." She groans. "I'm going to leave later tonight and you're coming with me."

"Where are you going?" I whisper.

"Doesn't matter. When we leave we'll travel together until we enter town. Then we'll stop being together, okay?"

I say nothing, not really knowing what to say. Just talking to her when she's like this makes me scared. Suddenly, the light blew out. All that's lighting the room now is the street light outside.