Breakfast

When I knew Sam was long asleep, I started talking to Demon, realising sleep wouldn't come easy.

"How do you know everything, anyway?" I quietly ask.

"I've been here a long time maybe? Idiot."

"Do you have the whole city memorised?"

"Of course not entirely, but I am fairly familiar."

"How long have you been here anyway?"

He doesn't answer.

"Fine, be like that."

"Why are you so talkative?" He asks.

"I can't sleep," I honestly answer.

"Do you have to ask so many damn questions when you're this talkative?"

That got me to shut up for a while. I can't help but ask questions.

"Why are you always asking anyway? Don't you realise how annoying it is?"

I take a breath. "No one pays attention if I don't," I mumble. "Also, I like seeing what you know. I get to understand things better."

"You think I know everything, don't you?"

"Maybe."

"I don't. Stop thinking that."

"Well, what else do you know?"

"What do you want to know?"

That wasn't hard to figure out. I have several questions. "Can others hear you?"

"Figure that out yourself, Idiot."

I roll my eyes. "Why am I here?"

"I really regret asking what you want to know."

"Okay, okay, fine. One more question."

He groans.

"What's your name?"

"What? Why my name?"

"I don't know it and I want to."

Suddenly, the light turns on. "Who's here?" Sam asks.

Was I being too loud? I sit up. "Morning." I hope he didn't forget I was here.

"Who were you talking to?"

I looked at the ground and thought about it. "No one?" I tried to pass off.

"But weren't you talking?"

"No," I slowly say.

He then glances behind me. "Then who's that?" He asks, reaching for his glasses.

My stomach dropped. I quickly turned around to see who's there. As soon as I saw someone was leaning against the couch, I screamed and fell off.

This person burst out laughing.

"Oh, hi Paul," Sam says.

I didn't bother pushing myself off of the floor. In fact, I covered myself entirely in the blanket, embarrassed. Was that all on purpose?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Paul says between laughs.

I eventually brought myself to sit up and push the covers off my face. When I put on my glasses, I recognised the mystery person. He was the guy who helped Sam around yesterday.

"How's the head?" He asks Sam.

"A lot better after sleeping."

"That's good. Ready for breakfast?"