The Cat Room

The next morning, after I woke up, I went back into the kitchen and got myself something to drink, then later looked for something to eat- never once leaving the blanket. I didn't have to leave it to know how freezing it was this morning.

When I opened their fridge, it felt as if I entered a world I'm not at all used to. They have a completely full fridge. I couldn't decide what I wanted to take they had so much to choose from.

After what felt like an hour of trying to decide, I picked something small and grabbed a bag of grapes in here. I sit down and grabbed the first grape.

Except, Demon had to criticise me before I ate anything- of course.

"Idiot," he called.

I sighed. "What is it now?"

"Don't 'What is it now?' me!"

"Will you just tell me?"

He let out a long, dramatic sigh before saying it, "Do you really think it's a good idea to eat with that hand?"

I glance at the hand I'm still holding the grape with. It's my right hand- the one covered in paint.

"Probably not. Your point?"

With that, a headache formed. "You're worse than me! I sware! Just don't eat it!"

I set the grape down and use my other hand to eat, just to make him happy. The grapes taste a lot different than what I'm used to, which I find weird. Almost more. . . saturated?

"Can I ask you something?" I then ask, curious about him.

"Will it piss me off?"

"It shouldn't. Where are you?" I ask. "Really. There's no way you could be following me and never once be seen by anyone."

"I already told you where I am."

"You can't be in hell. It's not logical." I pop another grape in my mouth.

"Is anything in Nowhere logical for you?"

I think about that for only a short moment. I don't know. Things happened that- while they can't be explained- I don't know if they really happened.

Lime with painting her house- that was weird but could be explained.

Charcoal cooking me toast with his hands- also weird but probably was just in my head. It could've already been badly toasted.

Keira putting two people to sleep by saying random words- maybe she's good at hypnosis?

"I don't know," I honestly answer. "Yes?"

"You're so stupid."

"I'm just saying, everything that happened to me could probably be explained."

"It can be. It's all magic!"

It's magic? Really? "Do you think I'm 10?" I ask.

"You're not?"

I roll my eyes and eat a few more grapes.

"Why can't it be magic?" Demon asks.

"Magic isn't real- and you can't be in hell."

"Okay, forget the whole in hell thing. This whole place is magic- I'm completely serious about this."

"How is it magic?"

"I don't know- maybe look around you?"

I look around the kitchen. It's a normal looking kitchen.