SAPNA AND NISSAR'S WEDDING

Hello people!! hope you have not forgotten my story..really sorry for updating this late I was first of all busy in my exams and than started to write new stories so didn't actually get time to write this one, really sorry...

*************************************************************************

SAPNA AND NISSAR'S WEDDING

For sapan and nissar's wedding they had all planned to go to Rishikesh

For sapan and nissar's wedding they had all planned to go to Rishikesh. It was actually the place nissar's parents also got married and he also wanted the new phase in his life to start from the same place.

It was 6 o'clock by now and everyone was settled in the car and as sapna and nissar couldn't meet each other before their wedding were made to sit in different cars. Although Nissar protested a lot but it didn't help.

In one car darshan, abeer, nissar and his parents were seated while in the other were the three girls. Nissar was really very excited about his marriage but on the other hand sapna was happy, excited but also sad that her parents were not with her on this day, but well nissar had planed everything. He had talked to her parents at first they refused to aree but than finally after all of them requesting them to accept the marriage they were convinced. Her parents were already in Rishikesh and were all set to surprise her.

Soon they reached their destination and they had planned to stay in a Ashram instead of a hotel. Her parents were their on the entrance to welcome them, and when sapna saw them at first she didn't believe.

"Sapna beta itni naaraz hain apne papa se ki gale bhi nahi milegi ?" her father asked her with tears in her eyes and it took her a minute to lock him in a warm hug. He kissed on her forehead and told her "bohot nasibdar ho tum ki tumhe nissar jesa sathi mila hain! agar usne hume na manya hota toh shayad aj main apni beti ka sab se khas din main uske sath na hota!" sapna looked at nissar with glittery eyes and he just smiled at her nodding that she is not dreaming.

It was 10 O'clock by now and they now had to start all the ceremonies as in the evening they were getting married. Sapna wished for a Punjabi wedding as Nissar was a Punjabi.

The first ceremony they began the henna ceremony, Darshan's mother brought the henna as it was part of the ritual. They started to put henna on sapna's hands but she seemed a bit unsatisfied, she was looking for her best friends, but they were no where to be seen. Finally when her henna was done half way they both finally came.

"Kaha thi tum dono?" sapna asked all curious.

"Vo hum humari devrani ki a ne ki kuch taiyariya kar r he the!!" alsaba said "kya hain ab hum ladke wale hain!!" aditi added and in no time they were in pearls of laughter.

Soon sapna henna dried and it was time for the next ceremony, which the Chura ceremony. Chura is a set of red and ivory colored bangles which is gifted by the Girl's mama (mother's brother). The bride is made to wear them the day of marriage. Her Chura was covered with a pink cloth on boht the hands cause the bride is not allowed to see I till she is dressed in her wedding attire.

The next ritual is the Vatna ceremony, in this ceremony the bride is made to sit between 4 diyas and are filled with oil so they get off till the ceremony is over. In this ceremony the bride and groom both are colored with turmeric powder.

After the Vatna ceremony the grooms Bhabhi (sister-in-law) goes to a temple and offers prayers and fills a ghadoil (a decorated pitcher of water) with holy water and takes it to the bride and groom's place one by one respectively. The bride and groom are bathed with this holy water and than are made to wear their wedding attire's. This ritual is know as Ghara gharoli.

The wedding dress of the bride is gifted by her mama (mother's brother) and she is dressed into the attire and the bride family dances in the decorated wedding hall, as they wait for the groom to arrive.

At the same time at the groom's place the sehra ceremony takes place, in which a pooja is performed after the groom is ready, and than the groom's sister ties the sehra on the groom's head. But as Nissar didn't have a sister Aditi and Alsaba offered to do it as they called themselves his Bhabhi cum sisters.

After the sehra ceremony the groom's Bhabhi lines is eyes with surma (kohl) to ward off with evil eyes. And soon after this the groom sits on the horse and the groom's sister and siblings feed the horse and they the barat moves to the wedding destination.

Soon Nissar's barat reached the destination and the Milni is performed in which the bride's family men introduce themselves to groom's corresponding family members and they exchange garlands.

After the milni the Jaimala is performed in which the bride and the groom stand in middle of the circle made by their family and exchanges garlands.

After the Jaimala the bride and groom moved to the wedding dais where the Kanyadaan and phere take place. The bride's father puts a ring in the groom's hand and hands his daughter's hand in the groom's hand.

After the kanyadaan the phere's begin the bride and groom go around the Guru Granth Sahib four times this called the laavaan. This signifies they not only accept each other as one soul in two bodies, but also as the Guru as the center of their marriage. After this the groom places vermilion in the bride's parting and places the mangalsutra in her neck. They take blessing from their elders and god.

After all this it was finally time for vidaai, in this ritual the bride throws puffed rice over her head, wishing good luck to her parents after her departure and bids farewell to her family and moves to the grooms family.

Finally after a their wedding sapna was sitting on the bed waiting for nissar to come. As he stepped in she looked down a bit shy and he smiled at her and moved to her. He sat on the bed opposite her, and took her hands in his, "Sapna your happy, no?" he asked her and her head flinged in his direction, "nissar is se zayad kush main kabhi nahi thi!" she stated making him smile.

They sat hand in hand for sometime until nissar finally broke the silence. "sapna!" he said in a in tense voice and she looked at him, and he inched close to her, her heart beats increased, and she looked down and gulped a lump in her throat..."can I..?" he asked and she looked at him and nodded slowly, and he just smiled and inched closer to her lips and she shut her eyes tight as her heart beats increased. She parted her lips just when she felt him kissing on her forehead. "I love you sapna!! and jab tak you're not ready I wont do anything!!" he said making her eyes teary. She just couldn't believe at how nice he was. She hugged him tight saying "i love more!!" and he really liked the fact she said more and not too.

They hugged each other tight and slept her presence gave him a unknown peace.