Chapter 25 - Fool and Fooler

"Joanna. I'm home." I greeted with a low, unexcited voice. Being home is a relief but being with Isac is kinda frustrating because he kills the vibe of being happy.

He replies to me with lovesick lines.

It's making me want to feed him eagerly to the piranhas and bring him back to life after.

"Well, looks like your sister isn't answering. Just like her." He sadly said to me another gloomy line from his bereaved brain.

"Oh shush. Two kids are here and I don't want a grieving teenager to affect them because he's dejected." I said, putting my coat on the rack while looking at a glum Isac Elliot who looks like he hasn't slept for years.

While we were still at Spain, it bothered me that he wasn't as cheerful and annoying as he was. He gave awfully short replies making my mood go downfall.

We did do our projects already so I don't think his behavior affected our trip.

As I heard footsteps, my little half brother came to me, smiling with his gone two front teeth.

"What on heaven's sake happened to your teeth?" I carried him and I felt his gaze on Isac.

"Michael, this is Isac. He'll be staying with us for a few days, weeks, months or even years, depending on how he's going to stop being a low-spirited lad." I said and Isac glared at me when I said he was a downer to my little brother.

But instead of Michael not giving him a single damn, he reached out his arms to Isac, motioning him to carry a 2-year old.

I gave him to Isac and he was pleased because a child liked him.

Boys and their egos.

"Well! If it isn't fool and fooler! My favorite stooge sister and an illiterate popstar!" My sister approached me with wide arms, despite calling me and Isac as twits.

"Fooler? Seriously?" Isac questioned, confused on why he was called the higher fool.

"Because you're one step closer to being the foolest person in the 21's century." Joanna mimicked a commentator and I silently giggled which made her turn around.

"And you being a step closer to garnering his position!"

"JOANNA!" She was usually the better child between the two of us but when it comes to insulting, it's like she's completely turned into Satan's daughter.

"Whatever. Just. Get these things I bought for you!" I gave her paper bags before making her scram to leave me and Isac in the living room.

"Does your brother usually... fall asleep fast?" Isac whispered to me, with delight written all over his face.

This was the first time in weeks that I've seen him lighten up. Frankly, he was a teenage boy but with a heart of a little boy who didn't get the big ass toy truck he wanted from the local dollar store.

I wouldn't have mind his grumpy attitude but it was also affecting me. Being quiet for the whole hour debating on whether to throw the entire table or be silently frustrated that you imagine choking them.

It's like the Adam's family missing their popstar.

"Yep." I said, watching him pace back and forth, not knowing what to do with the 27 month old boy he was carrying and probably drooling on his $100 of a cardigan.

Watching him suffer delights me but seeing a guy who isn't afraid to handle kids is by far the greatest thing a teenage boy could do. Just by merely hanging out or taking care of them melts my icey cold heart.