Chapter 10 - The Talk

I woke up to the silence of the big house. It was more silent that it usually was, so I assumed the others hadn’t woken up yet. I turned around in my bed to see what time it was, and it surprised me to see that it was 11.00 Am.

Where were the boys? Didn’t we usually go to work at 10? I sat up in my bed and reached for my phone which laid on the nightstand. I had two messages, but none were from the boys. I opened the first one and read it.

From: Mum

Guess who has got a Skype!  

To: Mum

Um, you?

I went on to the other message as I waited for a reply from my mother.

From: Lauren Higgins

Harry told me you had the day off… Want to have that chat today?

It took a second before I realized what she meant by; that chat, but I then remember Lauren’s sudden change of mood the day outside The London Eye. Wait, Harry said I had the day off? How come I didn’t know this?

To: Lauren Higgins

I have? They didn’t bother to tell me… And yes, I would love to! When and where?

When I had replied and checked if I had gotten a reply from my mother (which I hadn’t) I laid the phone back onto the nightstand. I got out of bed, got dressed and then I went into the bathroom. When I had finished there I went back into my bedroom to pick up my phone, before I headed down to the kitchen.

Maybe I should text one of the boys… maybe I could text Niall, I thought as I made my way towards the refrigerator. I wasn’t that hungry and since I was meeting up with Lauren I decided to just eat an apple. 

***

I ended up texting Louis; I didn’t dare to text Niall, what if he thought I was annoying? Surprisingly, it didn’t take long before I got an answer from him.

From: Louis

We did in fact leave a note. At least Niall said he did, but it’s up to you to find it, because you never know where Niall can put things. Good Luck! ;)

I hadn’t even noticed the text I had gotten from Lauren, but I opened it as soon as I saw it.

From: Lauren Higgins