Chapter 2 - London here I come.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I stretch my arm towards the alarm clock trying to find the right button to push. A thing I soon discover isn't that easy to do with your eyes closed in the morning, as tired as I am right now.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I lift my head off my pillow and open my eyes just to see my pink alarm clock standing on my night stand, making the most annoying sound ever. I push the button making it go quiet before laying my head down on the pillow again and closing my eyes. Five more minutes can't hurt, right?

***

"Ella, darling, you have to get up." My mother says as she's lightly shaking me.

"I don't feel like going to school today mom." I answer and bury my face further into the pillow. Oh yeah, if you haven't figured yet, I'm not a morning person.

She chuckles a little at me. "Oh, but you're not going to school Ella. The plane leaves in two hours."

Plane? What plane? Why am I going on a- OH, right, I'm going to London. It all comes back to me now, the graduation, the packing, the movie night... falling asleep on the couch. Wait, how did I get up to my room? Dad, probably. Whoa, that hasn't happened in like forever. I remember when I was younger; he did that all the time.

Wait a minute... Did she say two hours?

"Yes, two hours." My mother suddenly says. Wait, did I actually manage to say that out loud? What did she say again? OH, two hours. I shoot up from bed and grab some clothes.

"I'm just going to take a quick shower" I say to my mother before I hurry out of my room and into the bath leaving her sitting on my bed.

I was supposed to have three hours to get ready. But that's what happens when you have a bad habit of wanting to sleep for five more minutes. You sleep for five more minutes, and suddenly those five more minutes become an hour.

***

I walk into the kitchen and I'm met by a delicious smell, the smell of pancakes. It's not often I eat pancakes, really. But I do love them, they taste so good! One of many things my mother really can is making food.

"It smells good." I say to my mother who's sitting in a chair by the table, next to my father. It looks like he's hungry, and I'm not going to judge him. They've probably sat here for half an hour now, just waiting for me.

"I really hope they taste good too." My mother says as she gives my father a nod saying he can start eating. Ha, as if she could ever make bad food.

"How long do we have?" I ask as I sit down by the table and smile. My father reaches for a pancake and when he has taken one I do the same.

He glances at clock. "We have to leave in an hour. So we have enough of time." He answers and smile at me.

"You still won't tell me, do you?" I ask them as I take a bite of my pancake, which is just as delicious as it smells. That's what I thought.

"No." They answer in unison and laugh.

"Whoa, thank you for making me feel more comfortable with taking this job." I say sarcastically as I take another bite.

"You'll like it." My dad answers. "You'll just have to wait and see."

***

So the breakfast went by without the question being answered clearly. They are definetely sending me somewhere they don't know... I'll just have to pray that I will survive. That my parents aren't so tired of me, that they sell me as a slave or something. OK, I'm crazy...