Chapter 22 - Small world, or should we say cafè?

“Ella” I heard someone shout and turned towards the voice to discover it belonged to a person I knew. It belonged to one of the receptionists, and she was currently sitting behind her desk. I had just been out getting something for the boys, and was on my way to deliver it when she stopped me.

“Cammie” I answered with a smile as I walked up to her desk and leaned slightly on it. Her name was Cameron, and I had been talking to her a couple of times before. She was a really nice person, especially compared to most of the other receptionists. I don’t think they liked me to be honest.

“There’s a letter here for you.” She told me and handed me a quite large envelope and I immediately recognized the stamp on it, the University of London. I have no idea how she got it, but I assumed my parents had sent it or something.

“Thank you.” I answered her before I gave her a small wave and a smile as I took a couple of steps back and then turned around, starting again on my way to the boys. I didn’t dare to open the envelope now, and I was scared. It wasn’t the only University I had applied to, but it was the one I wanted to go to, and I was scared I wouldn’t get in there.

I opened the door and the boys were already there so I walked in and towards the couches where they were gathered. “Here it is.” I said putting the bag on the table and then went to sit next to Harry. He had been awfully quiet the last four days, since he came home from Lauren.

Harry didn’t want to tell us what had happened, but he did say they had figured it out and that they were all good. I hadn’t asked Lauren yet, I thought it would be better to ask her when it was just the two of us, and when we were in the same place. So I guess that would be today after work, because Lauren and I were going out then.

“Did you go far?” Louis asked me and I just shook my head before my gaze landed on the envelope in my hand, not sure whether I should open it or not.

“What have you got there?” Niall seemed to have noticed the envelope in my hands, which wasn’t that weird considering the envelope was quite large.  I looked up at him and noticed that the others also had seemed to notice the envelope now.

“It’s a letter from the University of London.” I answered him and then gave him and the others a small smile. “I may or may not get in.”

“Ah, university, you should open it.” Liam said and gave me a reassuring smile, and I knew he was right. If I didn’t open it now I would just go around thinking about it all day, being scared of what laid inside of it. It held my future, my next years would all depend on this letter.

“I know, but I’m scared.”

“We’re here for you no matter what the letter says you know.” Harry spoke up to my surprise, because as I told you he had been very quiet the past days, and he had barely spoken to me. I wasn’t sure whether I had done something wrong, maybe he blamed me for what had happened between him and Lauren. Either that or he just didn’t know if he could speak to me, because he knew how close Lauren and I had gotten.

“Thank you Harry.” I smiled at him and then brought my gaze back down to the envelope. “Okay, I’ll open it now, but… I’ll probably cry if I don’t get in.” I admitted with a nervous laugh as I started to open the envelope. Joking about it was the only way to make myself a little less scared, just a tiny bit.

“I’m sure it’ll be fine.” Niall said in an attempt to reassure me, but it didn’t help much, not even when it came from him.

“Please don’t say that, I’ve already gotten my hopes up too high.” I pulled the letter out of the envelope and then looked up at the others once again, this was it. Either I got in, or I didn’t.