Chapter 11 - Skype with the parents

It didn't seem like Lauren recognized the voice, if she even heard it, because in the next moment she finished the counting for me with a "Three" and then she started running. I didn't follow her; I just stood there looking after her as she ran.

I eventually turned around to the car, and got my confirmation. It was indeed him, but it was not just any guy he was with. It wasn't even just one guy; there were five, and I knew them all.

"What are you all doing here, and why are you acting like some paedophile guy Louis?" I asked as I stepped closer to Paul's car.

"We were on our way home and saw you two..." Harry started to answer, but then he stopped midsentence; his gaze left me and went to something behind me. "Why is Lauren running away?"

I hadn't really realised that she had run, I had seen it, but it had kind of went through my mind and out again. All the boys were now looking after Lauren, but I didn't even know what she was doing anymore. "Is she still running?" I asked them, not wanting to turn around. I knew that if I did, I would probably burst out laughing at the sight or something.

"Yeah, she is." Louis answered me chuckling. "Why on earth is she running?"

"I told her to." I told him, and the boys' glances all landed on me. "We thought you would kidnap us or something..." I continued, slightly embarrassed at how stupid it must have sounded to them.

"We should go and get her." Harry said; his gaze wasn't on me anymore, it was back on the road behind me. I turned around to see, but Lauren was no longer to be seen.

"Oh God, what have I done." I said to myself as I turned around again.

"Let her in and let us get Lauren." Niall tried to open the door, but since he was sitting in the back he didn't manage to do so. I was glad he had manage to stop me, because if he hadn't I would have been running with Lauren.

Since Harry was the one sitting closest to the door he helped Niall and opened the door for me. I then got into the car and sat next to Niall in the back.

"Thank you." I said to him as the car started moving again and looked at me, confused.

"Thank you for what?"

"For stopping me when I was about to run." I answered and put on my seat belt.

"Oh, well I didn't stop Lauren though." At this I started laughing, I found it hilarious. It didn't seem as she had registered that I didn't come after her, because she just kept on running.

"Something funny back there?" Liam asked us as he turned to us from where he sat.

"It's called flirting." Harry stated before I could answer, I should have seen it coming.

"I can't flirt, so it is not. Niall just said something funny."

"Niall can flirt." Harry said, defending his statement.

"And Harry knows how to bug people." I told him, but before he could answer Paul interrupted us.

"There is Lauren." We all turned our gazes to the sidewalk and there she was. Lauren wasn't running anymore, she had stopped and was catching her breath as she looked around. It didn't seem as she recognized the car, but none of us had turned to look at it before she started running.

"I'll talk to her." Harry said as he rolled down his window. It made me smile, maybe Lauren was wrong. Maybe Harry did like her, but was just too shy to admit it. "Lauren, come here."

She looked up at the car at the sound of Harry's voice and a smile spread across her face before it went serious again. "Don't hate me." She told him before she looked down the road again.