Chapter 30 - Farewell friends

“Niall, we have to go now.” Zayn called from the hallway. I was currently in the kitchen, so I walked to the kitchen entrance to be able to see what was going on. When I first reached the doorway I looked down the hall to where an impatient looking Zayn was standing with his phone in his hand. I knew he had already called for Niall a couple of minutes before, but Niall still hadn’t showed up.

The sound of someone walking, or more like rushing, down the stairs caused me to divert my gaze from Zayn and direct it towards him instead. It didn’t take long before Niall reached the bottom of the stairs, and he seemed to notice me. I had already figured he would notice me once he got down since he was bound to walk past the kitchen entrance, so it wasn’t like that was a big coincidence.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t take you.” He told me and made a quick stop as he put a hand on my shoulder and pecked my cheek before he smiled at me while he let me go again. I returned the smile with a small nod to tell him I understood, and then he continued walking towards the main door. Zayn was still just stood there waiting for him and looked a bit annoyed, but he still sent me a smile once our eyes locked.

Niall and Zayn had gotten the task of buying supplies for the farewell party tonight, meaning they were going shopping. I really wanted to come with them, but the boys wouldn’t let me. They told me to relax as they got everything ready for tonight, but I still didn’t understand why that meant I couldn’t come with them to the store.

“We’ll be back in an hour.” Zayn informed me, throwing me one last glance as Niall walked out of the door, and then followed him, closing the door behind them. I let out a small sigh as I for the second time this day was left alone. The only difference now was the fact that I was completely alone.

When Liam, Louis and Harry had left the house earlier I was just left alone in the kitchen, knowing both Zayn and Niall were still home, but this time I had the house all to myself.

 I stood in the kitchen entrance for a little while until I finally moved again and started making my way up the stairs. I really wanted to spend time with the boys now when I had the time to do so, but I knew they only had good intentions when they left me alone, so I decided to do as they had told me to do. Relax. I was still tired from waking up earlier than usual this morning, so I decided to take a small nap.

I made a quick stop at my bedroom to pick up my phone and my headphones, before I exited again and walked into the room next door instead. I left the door open since I was the only one home, and since I didn’t plan on taking a long nap. I assumed I would be awake by the time the others got home, so it didn’t really matter.

I slipped under the duvet and laid my head on the pillow. I then put the earplugs in and put on my music, before adjusting the sound and then snuggling farther into the duvet. It smelled like him, and that caused a smile to form on my face as I closed my eyes and just listened to the music until I eventually fell asleep.

**

I first realised I was awake when I felt the bed dip beside me, and I immediately moved a bit closer to, but not much, I just wanted to show him I was awake. As I moved I felt one of the ear plugs slipping out of my ear, but didn’t bother to do anything about it, I was still too tired.

“I told you she was sleeping.” I heard a hushed voice say, and it didn’t belong to the person beside me, but it didn’t belong to Niall either. The noise helped me wake up a bit, and my eyes slowly fluttered open.

“Be quiet, I don’t want to wake her up.” Niall answered softly, in a hushed voice, just like Louis’ had been. Louis had been the first person I noticed once my eyes opened, despite the fact that Niall was sat closer. I moved my eyes from Louis to Niall with a tired gaze, still not fully awake.