Chapter 31 - The Departure

I watched the rain pour down outside the window and I could hear the sound of rain drumming on the roof of the house. There's something almost magical about the sound of pouring rain, and I felt relaxed as I stared out at the back garden. I rested my head against the window, feeling a bit of the coldness from the outside against my face, and it was nice.

A low creak from the door made me aware that he entered the room, but I didn't move my head, nor did I turn towards him for that reason, I was too relaxed to move. Niall didn't say anything and neither did I, but judging by the sound of his footsteps he was approaching me.

The rain fitted my mood, because I was tired, but also sad over the fact that I was leaving tomorrow. I wanted to go home to my parents. It wasn't that. It was the fact that I had grown so fond of this place and the people here over the summer.

I soon felt the warmth from Niall against my back as he sat down behind me on the desk. I removed my cheek from the window and leaned back into his chest, something that caused him to wrap his arms around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"I'm going to miss this place." I told him, letting my eyes fall from the window and the rain to his hands as I moved my hand to one of his, entwining our fingers.

"I'm going to miss you." Niall murmured. His voice was so low and soft, but he didn't have to speak louder, because I heard him just fine with his mouth so close to my ear. I bent my head backwards and lent it towards him, a smile on my face at his words.

"I'll miss you too." I answered before I slowly pulled away from him. Niall let go off me hesitantly, and when he did I turned my whole body towards him, so I could no longer see the window. But I could see him.

My feet were now hanging off the desk, just as his had been doing since he sat down. "You're not sitting comfortably, are you?" I asked him, tilting my head slightly and then jumped off the desk before he was able to answer. The surface of the desk was hard, and I was almost certain I had been sitting more comfortably than him.

"I don't really mind." Niall answered. He had got off the desk as well and I hadn't turned to face him yet, so he wrapped his arms around my waist once again. "I'm more than comfortable as long as you're in my arms."

"That's so cheesy, Niall." I told him and giggled softly. The kind of giggle only Niall could draw out of me.

"But you like it, don't you?" He asked in a way that made me sure he had already decided that the answer to his question was yes. He knew I liked his rare cheesy comments. I think it was the fact that he wasn't cheesy at all hours of the day that made me like those times he were.

"It's late."

Niall chuckled at my statement before letting me go once again and told me to get under the duvet. As I did what Niall had told me to and got under the duvet, Niall went out of the room in the direction of my room and the bathroom.

Judging by the sounds I heard he went into the bathroom, probably to brush his teeth and get ready for bed. Just as I had done a little while ago, when he had been busy talking with the boys.

I closed my eyes while I waited for Niall, but made sure I didn't fall asleep, because I could catch up on the sleep on the plane tomorrow. But I couldn't catch up on my time with Niall on the plane tomorrow, because he wouldn't be there. So I had to take the opportunity I had now, and take good advantage of the time we had left.

I opened my eyes again when I heard the door close, just in time to see the room go dark as Niall pushed the light switch off. It didn't go completely dark though. Due to a small stream of light from the window I could see Niall as he made his way over to the bed, and then climbed into it.