Chapter 1

New York City

One Year Later

"I've got news for you,darling." Agad na bungad ng kaibigang si Brittany pagkapasok palang nito sa apartment niya.

Pahinamad na naupo siya sa sofa at itinutok ang paningin sa palabas na pinapanood.

"Good or bad?" She boredly asked her bestfriend.

"Bad Bleau. Very bad."

Napaayos siya mula sa pahinamad na pagkakaupo pagkatapos marinig ang sinabi nito. Seryoso niya itong tinitigan.

"Spill it out, Brittany. You know I hate waiting. "

"Carlsen is getting married,darling."

"What?" Galit na napatayo siya dahil sa sinabi nito. "That's impossible!" It really is. Masyado pang maaga para magpakasal ito. He's on the peak of his career. Marriage can make or break him.

"It's possible, Bleau." Napailing nalang ang kaibigan dahil sa naging reaksyon niya.

"Must be rumors, eh?" Kunot-noong saad naman niya pabalik.

"Na uhh! He just confirmed it in public."

"What a jerk! He's happy huh? I bet he needs to see me already. One year is long enough,isn't it?" Napailing nalang siya at naupo bago nagsindi ng sigarilyo. She's not a smoker. She's just trying to calm her nerves.

"I think so,Bleau. What then?" Anito at naupo na rin sa tabi niya at nagsindi din ng sigarilyo.

"I'm going back to the Philippines,Britt." Puno ng determinasyon na saad niya. She needs to see him already. "So,do I know the girl he's going to marry?"

"You don't. Nothing to worry about the girl,Bleau. She doesn't have a name in the society. She's so easy to destroy." Britt answered smirking.

"Really?" Napangisi na rin siya. " No problem then? Should I plot her death now, Britt?" Aniya bago natawa ng malakas. Call her a b-tch and she doesn't care. Ayaw niya lang na nadedehado siya.

"That would be easy, darling. Think of something that would break his heart. Poor Carlsen."

"That's what he get by dumping a Cyler Bleau Robert. No one dumps me. And he must pay for what he has done. Payback's a bitch, baby."

"Are you sure you're going back now, Bleau?" Anang kaibigan habang kumakain sila ng dinner sa labas.

"Yeah. No one's stopping me ,Britt. This is long overdue already." Aniya habang pinipigilan ang sarili na magalit. She's on a public place. She has an image to protect.

"But you'll be by yourself?" She said with worries masked on her lovely face. That's why she really love her best friend. She has been the best bestfriend since forever.

"I'm no longer a baby, Britt. I can handle them. I'm a Robert. They can't mess with me. They can't stop me." She said seriously while trying to finish her food.

"I know that. But you haven't been to Philippines for so long, darling."

Natawa siya dahil sa inasta ng kaibigan niya. Ang OA din talaga nito kung minsan. She was born in the Philippines but she grew up in States. But she knew she have to do something to make herself stay there a little bit longer than planned. Namimiss na rin naman niya ang parents niya. It's been so long since they've been together. Alam naman niyang nagtatampo nadin ang mga ito sa kanya. Puro pangako nalang kasi siya. At halos lahat nalang napapako.

"Come on,Britt! My phone and car have GPS. I can manage, okay? I know how to read and write. I'm not that dumb,okay? I'll be fine. Don't worry yourself too much!" She answered a little bit frustrated.

"I'm just worried about you. I wanna go with you." Nakasimangot na saad naman nito.

"You know you can't. Finish your contract then you're free to follow me. Easy as one, two, three right?" She rolled her eyes at her bestfriend who is so overacting.

"Fine. I'll just missed you, Bleau. So, your flight is tomorrow?" Nakangusong saad nito. "What time then?" Dagdag pa nito.

"Eight in the morning." She tasted her favorite wine. It tastes so good. It made her nerves calm.

"I can't go to the airport with you then. I had photoshoot early in the morning." Malungkot na sabi nito.

She's also sad that her best friend can't go with her but she can't wait for a month! The wedding might happen in a month for all she knows. Ayaw niyang mahuli siya. She needs to see him and her fiancée as early as possible.

"I know, Britt. But I'll be fine. Don't you worry, okay? I'll call you once I arrived in the airport." She smiled a little at Brittany bago tumayo na. She scanned the crowd for possible paparazzis. Mukhang wala naman. Good. Makakagalaw siya ng mabuti. Nginitian niya ang isang couple sa bandang gilid nila na napansin niyang kanina pa nakamasid sa kanilang dalawa ng kaibigan. Nanlalaki ang mga matang umiwas ang mga ito ng tingin. Gusto niya tuloy matawa. Halatang guilty sa paninitig sa kanilang dalawa. Well, it's okay with her. Mukhang hindi naman delikado kung pagbabasehan ang hilatsa ng pagmumukha nito.

Tumayo na rin ang kaibigan niya at niyakap siya ng mahigpit.

"Make sure you always smile,huh? And always looked pretty,okay? You're very gorgeous, Bleau. Carlsen will be very sorry he let you go. You're more than a gem, darling. Make him see that." Nakangiti na ito habang inaayos ang pagkakalaglag ng buhok niya sa kanyang mukha.

Napangiti na rin lang siya dahil sa mga sinabi ng kaibigan niya. Her heart swelled with so much happiness having her by her side. They are like sisters at heart. Mas hindi niya kakayanin kung ito ang mawala sa kanya.

Gumanti din siya ng yakap dito. Mahigpit na mahigpit ang pagkakayakap niya sa kaibigan habang pilit na pinipigilan ang pagbagsak ng mga luha sa pisngi niya. She doesnt want to create a scene as possible. She hated that. She's a model but she doesn't want too much paparazzi and cameras. They are like opposites but she loved her so much. She's the only child in the family and Brittany is her big sister. She treated her like that and vice versa.

"Good luck, Bleau. I wish you real happiness." Huling sabi nito na ikinangiti niya bago sila maghiwalay ng gabing iyon.

Yes,Brittany. Happiness will be hers in a couple of days. Dahil sisiguraduhin niyang magbabayad ito sa panggagagong ginawa nito sa kanya. At sisiguraduhin din niyang hindi siya ang uuwing talunan sa sanilang dalawa.

See you my dear Carlsen..

I'll be back.

**

Click the 🌟  and hit comment.

OiBhabie