IMAGINE: Luke getting jealous

"Daniel, thank you so much for helping me today. You have no idea how much I appreciate it." You say as you hand him a paint can.

     He takes it from you and smiles. "You're welcome, Y/N. That's what friends are for, right?" He replies. You flash him a smile before turning away to get your own can of paint.

     Daniel has been your friend since you were both toddlers. You asked him if he could come and help you paint your living room and he happily said yes.

     "Is Luke coming today? It's been ages since I've seen him and I'd love to catch up." Daniel says as he starts to paint.

     You still at the mention of your boyfriend. "Um, actually I asked Luke to come today but he's been so busy with his movies and stuff." You answer quietly. Daniel sets the can on the top of the ladder and looks at you. You slowly look up at him.

     "Are you guys okay?" He asks quietly.

     You sigh, your shoulders dropping. "No...?" You say.

     Daniel's eyebrows draw worriedly. "What's happening?" He questions.

     "I don't know, Daniel. Luke-Luke's been so busy with his career and I barely see him anymore. We're drifting apart, Daniel, and I hate it." You explain, tears coming to your eyes. "I really love Luke and I don't want to lose him. But I don't know what to do. I don't want him to give up his career for me, but I, also, don't want to give up our relationship." Tears slip down your cheeks and you quickly brush them away, sniffing.

     "Oh, Y/N." Daniel breathes, stepping off the ladder. He hugs you tightly as you silently cry against him. For a while, he just comfortingly pats your back.

     "What is going on here?" A voice gasps. Daniel and you break apart and look to the voice.

     "Luke!" You exclaim, smiling, your tears ceasing. Your boyfriend stands there, holding a bouquet of roses, his face overcome with shock. Then it's washed with anger.

     "Is this what I think it is?" He asks tightly.

    "What?" You laugh.

     "So you think because I couldn't make it to help you paint, you'd just invite Daniel over to help you instead?!" Luke exclaims.

     "Luke, I needed help. I was going to ask Daniel to come even if you said yes." You say calmly.

     "Sure, sure, you were." He hisses, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

     "Hey, come on, man, knock it off." Daniel says with warning.

     Luke turns to glare at Daniel. "And what do you think you were doing trying to make a move on my girlfriend?" He says, poking Daniel in the chest. You gasp, your jaw dropping.

     "I said, knock it off!" Daniel exclaims, brushing Luke's hand away. "And I wasn't making a move on Y/N. I was comforting her!" He adds.

     "It's true!" You attest, your hands on your hips, standing side-by-side with Daniel. But Luke doesn't hear either of you. He's too busy pacing the floor as the bouquet of red roses lie forgotten on the ground.

     Luke sinks his hands into his hair. "Here I was, coming to surprise you and you are busy hugging Daniel." He mutters.

     "Luke, it was nothing. I promise." You whisper, bowing your head.

     "I would never do anything to compromise your relationship, Luke. I swear." Daniel says softly.

     Luke swivels around to face Daniel. "Why were you comforting Y/N?" He asks suddenly. You glance at Daniel and swallow. When Daniel doesn't answer him, Luke snaps, "Why?!"

     You grimace. "I was telling Daniel about how your and mine relationship has been sinking." You whisper.

     Luke stares at you, his jaw slipping open slightly. The anger is instantly gone from his face. "Daniel, can you leave us alone for a while?" He asks, his voice cracking.

     "Of course." Daniel whispers, before quickly walking away.

     Luke and you just stare at each other. "What's happening to us, Luke?" You inquire. He blinks back tears. "I barely see you anymore. I feel like we've lost touch and it's horrible. You're my best friend and my boyfriend. I love you so much and I can't stand what's happening to our relationship." You choke out.

     "Y/N, I am so sorry. This is all my fault." Luke whispers.

     "No, Luke—" You start to protest.

     "No! It is." He insist. "I've been such a horrible boyfriend, Y/N. I haven't been here for you. I've been so busy with my career and I've left no time for you, and that's not fair to you. I miss how our relationship used to be, Y/N, and I want it back that way."

     Luke takes you by the shoulders and stares down at you, urgency in his eyes. "I'll-I'll work less. I won't be so focused on my career. I can't lose you, Y/N. I can't. I love you so much." He whispers.

     "Oh, Luke." You cry, throwing your arms around him and hugging him tightly. "I love you too." You say.

     He holds you so tightly. "I'm so sorry I got mad and jealous of Daniel. I should have trusted both of you. I knew our relationship has been rocky lately and I thought the worst when I saw you two hugging. I'm so sorry, please forgive me." Luke says.

     "Of course I forgive you." You whisper, looking at him and cupping his face.

     "I promise we will make this work, Y/N." He states.

     "I know we will." You say, smiling.

     Luke leans his head down and kisses you deeply. You wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him back as he presses you against him.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!