IMAGINE: LeFou trying to convince Gaston to apologize to you

You're walking through town, keeping quiet as usual. You're an introvert. You don't like coming out unless you really have to. People stare at you as you walk past. They barely see you. You're nicknamed the Hermit.

     You pay the baker for a loaf of bread and then continue to move through the busy French town. You hear snickering and then slow down. You tilt your head and spot Gaston and LeFou watching you. Gaston is lowly laughing. At you. You flush.

    "Well if it isn't the town hermit. I thought she was dead." He says loud enough for you to hear. He turns to LeFou. "Then again, no one would notice if she was dead or not. No one really cares about her anyways." He adds. You grimace as tears fill your eyes. The truth of his words stab you like a barb. Gaston is snickering, but LeFou doesn't laugh. He just stares at you, remorse filling his eyes. You gasp softly, trying not to start weeping in the open. You pull back your shoulders and start to walk forward.

     "She'll end up like Agatha—a spinster. Doomed to spend the rest of her pathetic life alone. Doomed to die alone. And no one will care." Gaston scoffs. You stop and choke on a sob. You look at Gaston and LeFou, and then take off running, tears streaming down your cheeks.

     "Gaston." LeFou reprimands softly.

     Gaston looks at his friend. "What?" He asks innocently.

     "How could you say such hurtful things to Y/N?" LeFou frowns.

     "Because they're true...?" Gaston replies. He smiles arrogantly. "Don't you know, LeFou? I always tell the truth."

     "Yes, but, Gaston, just because Y/N is a recluse doesn't mean nobody likes her. She's actually very nice. But she keeps to herself. There's nothing wrong about that."

     "Of course there's something wrong about that!" Gaston exclaims. He grabs the lapels of his jacket smugly. "She misses out on...me."

     LeFou sighs. "Gaston, I really think you should apologize to her."

     "No way. I'm not sorry." Gaston admits, before walking off. LeFou frowns and shakes his head.

---

      Gaston rides through the forest on his horse. He hears someone crying and slows his horse to a stop. His eyebrows draw. He strains his head and sees you. Your back is against a tree, your knees pulled to your chest. Your face is buried in your hands and your shoulders are shaking with sobs. Gaston frowns and, for the first time in his life, he feels something unknown. Something strange stirring in his heart. This must be what LeFou calls empathy.

      Gaston sighs and swings off his horse. He walks over to you. "Y/N?" He says softly. You look up at him and sniff. You embarrassedly wipe your tears away.

     "What do you want, Gaston?"

     He shifts, frowning. "Uh, I want...I want...I want to...apologize." He says with difficulty.

     Your eyebrows furrow. "You, apologize?" You question in disbelief.

     Gaston nods and then kneels before you. "Y/N, I didn't realize at the time how hurtful the things I said to you were. I was careless and unthinking. It's a surprise, I know, but I was. Just because you like to stay away from everyone and keep to yourself, doesn't mean nobody cares about you. Apparently people in this town do care about you. Believe it or not."

      You stare at him. "Is this you trying to be apologetic? Because you need to try harder." You huff.

     "I don't...I've never done this before. I don't really know how they work." Gaston admits. You sigh and shake your head. "Y/N, I just want to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Can you forgive me?" He says, raising an eyebrow. "How was that?" He whispers.

      You laugh softly. "You have a lot to learn, Gaston. But I guess that's a start." You say. You sigh and nod then. "I forgive you though."

     He smiles and then stands. "Great, then I'll see you around. Bye." He says quickly, before hurrying back to his horse.

      Your eyebrows furrow in confusion as you watch him ride off. "Weird." You murmur.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!