IMAGINE: Meeting Gaston

"Merci." You say to the baker, offering him a smile as you put a loaf of bread in your cotton bag. The baker nods and smiles at you, before turning to help another customer. You walk through the town, humming. You just moved to the town and already you love how quaint and friendly its people are. You turn down the street that leads to your house.

    "Horse! Run! There's a runaway horse!" A woman shrieks as a brown gelding comes running at you.

     Your eyes widen and you freeze. Before the horse can trample over you, a man runs at you and swiftly pulls you out of the horse's way. "Oh my goodness, thank you." You breathe, watching the horse as it runs off.

     "Who let that wild beast free?" The man who saves you asks as the townspeople gather. "He almost trampled this poor woman."

     "We don't know, Gaston." A woman replies. You glance up at Gaston, who's standing tall, strong, and proud. You've heard a lot about this man during your short time here. Everyone raves about him.

     Another smaller man, Lefou comes running up to Gaston, breathless. "Boy, Gaston, you really should have held a better grip on that hors—" He starts to say before Gaston elbows him in the ribs hard. Lefou yelps and Gaston sends him a glare and a small, subtle shake of his head. Your eyebrows raise, realizing that Gaston is the one who accidentally let the horse go.

     "Lefou, why don't you go get that horse and bring it to the stables?" Gaston grits out as the townspeople start to disperse.

     "Right, right." Lefou mumbles, trudging off.

     "Thank you so much for saving my life." You tell Gaston.

     He stands back from you and smirks. "It was nothing." He brushes off.

     "It wasn't nothing. I could have been trampled!" You exclaim.

     Gaston's eyebrows draw seriously. "Yeah, you're right." He says. Wow, I am good." He laughs arrogantly.

     Your eyebrows lift. "I'm Y/N."

     He crosses his arms, being careful to place his hands near his biceps so they look larger than they already are, and looks out at the people milling about. He puffs out his chest. "You already know who I am."

     You nod. "I do."

     "Of course everyone knows that. I'm Gaston." He chuckles.

     "Yeah..." You trail off awkwardly. Despite everyone practically being in love with Gaston, you're not really feeling it. You're not really sure why everything thinks he's so special.

     "Well, I need to go." You say, taking a step back.

     Gaston finally looks at you. "Really?" He asks in surprise. "Do you have someone you need to meet?" He asks, looking behind you as if he's going to see anyone.

     "Uh, no...but I just need to go." You answer, backing away from him.

     "Well can I see you soon?" He questions.

     "You'll see me around town." You state. You offer him a polite smile. "Au revoir." You say, offering him a wave. You turn on your heel and quickly walk to your house.

     Before you get into your house, you turn and look back at Gaston. He's looking in a looking glass and smoothing down his hair, smiling at his reflection. "Okay then..." You whisper, stepping into your house.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!