IMAGINE: Falling in love with Gaston

| IMAGINE for @MirandaMiles0 |

"I'll see you tomorrow." You say to your friend LeAna, as you gather your things from the table.

     Your childhood friend smiles at you. "Have a good night."

     You start to walk out of the pub when Gaston walks up to you. Your heart starts hammering in your chest and you try to remain calm. "May I walk you home, Y/N?" He asks gently.

     "You may." You answer, nodding. He takes your hand and it feels like a lightning strike bolts up your arm.

     Gaston and you have deep feelings for each other. You aren't exactly courting, but you're in love with him. You know Gaston used to have a flame for your older sister, Belle; however that quickly burnt out when she married Prince Adam. Gaston had confronted Adam angrily, who was a Beast at the time, and tried to kill him. Adam mercifully let Gaston go with a strict warning to have a change of heart or else he'd come after him. Gaston took it seriously. He came back to town, a changed man. And that's exactly who you've fallen in love with—this new Gaston. He's sweet, considerate, charming, and humble. A change of heart indeed.

"A beautiful night, is it not?" Gaston asks as you leisurely stroll to your home. You decided you didn't want to stay in the castle with Belle, Adam, and papa. You like this town. It's a little crazy, but it's home. You occasionally visit your family.

     "It's truly magnificent. You can smell autumn in the air." You say with a smile. Gaston sniffs and then a smile rests on his lips.

     "You know, I haven't noticed it before but you're right. It's amazing!" He exclaims.

     You laugh. "See what happens when you stop and smell the roses? I mean...smell the air."

     Gaston shakes his head and gets serious. "I don't-I don't even know how I lived before, Y/N. That's the thing—I wasn't even living. I was just existing...for myself. I didn't care about anyone or anything, but myself." He takes a deep breath of the air, smiling again. He outstretches his arm. "This—this is what I love. I feel like a free man, Y/N. I love it. I love my life now."

     You smile at him, falling in love with him just a little bit more. Gaston notices you smiling at him and you swear he blushes. A slight chilly breeze blows at you and you rub your arms.

     "Oh, here, Y/N, I'm sorry." Gaston says, quickly stripping himself of his red coat. Before you can protest, he gently grabs your elbows and you both stop in the middle of the empty street. He settles the coat around your shoulders. When he's finished, he puts his hands on your shoulders, smiling at you.

     "There we are." He says softly.

     You smile shyly up at him. "Thank you." You reply quietly. Gaston leans forward and lightly kisses your forehead. He then puts his arm around your back and leads you home.

———

Gaston and you stand on your front steps. You're one step above Gaston so you're eye-to-eye with him. "Thank you, Gaston, for walking me home. It was lovely." You say.

     He smiles at you. "You're very welcome, Y/N." He clears his throat. "I hope it's not too bold to say, but I hope one day, instead of walking you to your home, I'll be walking you home to our home."

      Your heart jumps. "Oh, Gaston."

     "I know, I know, it was a foolish thing for me to say." He stammers, rubbing the back of his neck. You grab his one hand in yours.

      "No, it was beautiful. I hope so too." You smile at him. He looks at you with hope.

     "Truly?"