Chapter 15

Hiccup's POV

The following week was a bit hectic. The naming ceremony was held four days after Ruffnut gave birth. Fishlegs proclaimed that their children would be named Iona, and Vari. So far Ruffnut has not let them out of sight.

After the birth I explained that the others should learn to ride dragons to finish our objectives faster. Ruffnut who was bedridden for two days decided to join in on the training, threatening to maim anyone who would let her miss her friend's wedding.

So far she, and Tuffnut were doing rather well on the back of a Zippleback, which they named Barf and Belch. The dragon also had an affinity for explosions but could also be seen nuzzling the two babies Ruffnut had tied to her.

Fishlegs had found his companion to be a friendly Gronckle who he named Meatlug. Astrid was getting along great with a blue, and yellow Nadder that she named Stormfly. Heather had made friends with the Razorwhip who lived a few caves below, and Snotlout got chosen by a Monstrous Nightmare, which he called Hookfang. How that happened was actually a funny story.

----Flashback----

We were still looking for a dragon for Snotlout. So far the Changewings tried to melt him, the Whispering Deaths tried to eat him, The Snow Wraith tried to freeze him, and then eat him.

As we were scouring the beach Snotlout suddenly got our attention, and pointed to a rock were a red Nightmare was sunbathing.

"That's the dragon for me." Snotlout says to us flexing his muscles. "The strongest dragon there is." Toothless who was tired of Snotlout's antics whacked him on the head with his tail. "The strongest dragon there is after the Night Fury, I meant." Snotlout quickly amends his statement, and Toothless looked satisfied.

Snotlout made his way towards the Nightmare before any of us had a chance to stop him. We followed quickly behind, but could not hear what Snotlout said to the dragon. Next thing we know, Snotlout is on the Nightmare's back, which was then ignited making him hop off, and run around in circles as his behind was on fire.

The Nightmare must have gotten bored with watching Snotlout run around like a headless chicken, because he promptly picked him up, and tossed him in the sea.

Why the Nightmare decided to follow us back to the cave, and let Snotlout be his rider still confuses us. The running theory is that Hookfang simply likes to set Snotlout on fire.

-------End Flashback-------

So now we are currently flying in a V formation towards our destination. As we begin our descent through the clouds, an island becomes visible.

"Hiccup. That's a Viking tribe living there." Fishlegs says holding Brigid, who is sitting in front, tighter as the island gets nearer.

"Don't worry Fish. They are expecting us." I yell back, while Toothless slows down, and lands us neatly in the square. The others all land as well, but still look a little hesitant.

We were soon swarmed by the Northlanders, who were all shouting greetings, and welcoming the others to their village. Before I could even take a step I was knocked over by a small shape, which was shouting "Big brother!!!"