Chapter 11

Astrid's POV

As breakfast was currently cooking over the fire pit, Ruffnut, Heather, and I decided to spend some quality time together. Which included gossiping. Brigid decided to put her two cents in, and said "Auntie Astrid are you, and uncle Ryder married now?"

"Brigid!!" I said astounded. My cheeks slowly heating up. Ruffnut, and Heather were laughing like crazy. "Don't worry Astrid, she asked Ryder the same thing on our flight here." Heather let out through guffaws. "That was epic. She definitely has the Thornston bluntness streak." Ruffnut comments while ruffling Brigid's hair.

"But he seems like a very nice guy, not what people would expect from the so called scourge of all Vikings." Heather comments.

"So Astrid what will you do? You literally gave yourself to him to rescue us." Ruffnut asks looking at me expectantly. "And you were definitely snuggling closer to him during the flight. At least tell me if you managed to cop a feel." Ruffnut purrs while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ruffnut you're married!!" I yell.

"I know, but it doesn't hurt to look." She tells me, while waving dismissively. "Now spill."

My cheeks burn, and I have the feeling I'm doing a very good impression of a tomato. "Yeah, I think he's a nice guy. He told me he wouldn't hurt me, and he's been respectful. Even after I told him I would do anything he wanted." I explain. "Heck, he's been more of a gentleman than any of those suitors I refused, and you're right Ruff. He certainly has some well toned muscle." I giggle.

"But you know why I rejected all those men." I say to Ruffnut in a very serious tone.

"I know Astrid." Ruffnut says, and at Heather's questioning expression explained. "Astrid had a crush on the chief's son since they were five, and swore me to secrecy. After his death she wouldn't even think of marrying anyone else."

"Is that why Stoick was so hard on you?" Heather asked.

"He didn't know about my crush, but he blames me for Hiccup's death. I kind of blame myself as well. If I had gotten there faster......" I mumble.

I suddenly hear shouts from the corridor, and see Snotlout barreling into the kitchen screaming about ghosts. He is suddenly tackled to the ground by a man wearing only a towel, which I presume is the Dragon master. Snotlout was still screaming about ghosts, and was trying to escape the man's grip.

As I was taking in the event I noticed the man was thin, but he had lithe muscles. The tattoo of a Night Fury covered his back. As the struggle continued the towel around his waist began slipping revealing his abs. Ruffnut at this point decided to cover her daughter's eyes. Tuffnut, and Fishlegs were watching the event near the entrance. Both doing nothing but staring at the pair.

"Oh for the love of Frigga. Snotlout I'm not a ghost." He says with exasperation as he pins Snotlout, and finally gets him to calm down. "What even made you think I was dead?" He then asks.

That voice sounded so familiar, and his statement about Snotlout thinking he was dead had me taking a second look at his appearance. I noticed a mop of auburn hair, but what really caught my eye was the small familiar scar on his jaw. I couldn't help but call out "Hiccup?", my mind was still trying to deny that the Dragon master, Ryder, was in fact the scrawny boy I had a crush on.

He looked up at my question. The towel around his waist was slipping down lower. 'Damn, puberty did him wonders' I can't help but think, and then proceed to mentally scold myself. 'Bad brain!! Now is not the time to be ogling.' 'But DAMN' The sudden blush covering my face didn't help. I now had his attention, and I quickly point at his body. He looks down, and notices the slipping towel. He quickly scrambled off of Snotlout, all while wrapping the towel securely around his waist again.