Why is he so happy?

-Misoiko's POV-

I woke up at 5:30 the next morning. Unable to get any more sleep, I slipped out of Tsumi's warm arms and decided to take a shower.

As I stood under the warm water, I let my tears fall. (Today is the day that I'm adopted. The last day I can be with my boyfriend..) "damn it!" I yelled, punching the shower wall.

(Why, why did any of this have to happen? If I would've never came out to my parents, maybe I could still be living with them. Dad wouldn't have started drinking or drugs, so he wouldn't be in jail. I could be living with both of my once caring parents, and not have to leave Tsumi..Koko..anyone that I cared about.)

I let out a sigh and slid to the floor. "Who am I kidding? They would've found out eventually anyway, and things could've just been worse."

I stood back up and finished my shower. After dressing, I went into the living room to watch tv.

-Tsumi's POV-

I woke up well rested and excited. Today, Misoiko will be adopted by none other than my wonderful parents! We'll be living together, and he'll never have to leave me again.

I reached my arms out to grab nothing but air. Then I quickly sat up. "Misoiko?"

I could hear a faint noise coming from the living room, so I headed there.

"Misoiko, why are you in here?"

"I was just..thinking." "Oh."

I sat down and cuddled with him.

"It's really cold when you aren't in my arms, Misoiko." I pouted.

"Yeah, well..you're gonna have to get used to it." He stated bluntly.

"Huh? Why?!" I asked, forgetting the fact that he had no idea who was adopting him.

"Because I'm leaving today, did you forget that?"

"Oh yeah.." (Damn it, how did I forget? If I'm not careful, I'm going to ruin the surprise!)

He turned to me. "Can you get dressed and..go ahead and take me to Jenn's? I need to get my stuff. Besides, the sooner we say goodbye, the easier it'll be on me."

"Uh..sure." So I let go of him and rushed into my room to get ready.

-Misoiko's POV-

Tsumi is acting different from how I thought he would. He seems..happy. I guess I feel a bit selfish hoping that he would be sad, but I figured he would, considering that I'm leaving him permanently this time.

"Okay, let's go." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the house to his mom's car. As we were on our way to Jenn's, I saw out of the corner of my eye that he was smiling.

(Is he happy that I'm leaving? Has everything that's happened between us over the past few years been..a lie?)

"What's wrong, Misoiko?" He asked. I didn't realize that I had been glaring at him. Oh well, maybe I can get things cleared up. "Why are you so happy?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, seeming confused.

"You just..you don't seem sad that I'm leaving at all." I felt tears forming, threatening to fall. "Have these past few years meant nothing to you?"

He quickly pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"Misoiko, I could never be happy with you leaving!" He had tears running down his face as well. "I don't want you to leave, I really don't! I keep thinking of all the happy times we've had together. That's probably why you see me smiling.

I could never be happy without you Misoiko, and don't you ever think different!" He snapped.

"B-but we-" He broke my sentence by quickly joining his lips with mine. He pushed me back against the door, sliding his right hand up underneath of my shirt. Then he removed his hand and broke the kiss, leaning away from me and refocusing his gaze to the windshield.

"If we weren't in the front seats of this car..I wouldn't have stopped. But there isn't much room up here.." He blushed and looked out his window.

"A-anyway, we should get to Jenn's." He said, starting the car and returning to the highway.

"Tsumi.." "Yeah?"

"I love you." "I love you too, Misoiko.