Chapter 19: And The Thunder Goes Boom, And The Thunder Goes- BOOM!

(:)(:)(:)

~ Part One ~

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

My aunt stares at me, her eyes wide as she watches me sing Christmas carols except they were changed to Halloween versions instead. Teresa merely sips her cup of tea and my uncle looks at me in amusement as he watches over the food being cooked.

So, you know the saying, "Trick or Treat" and how every little kid is allowed to go to strangers' houses and ask for candy, right? Good.

Now, I'm not so mean as to not give them candy but they will have to earn it. I do this every year since I turned 13. Before that I would actually trick or treat. Believe me, I was not disappointed when I stopped going trick or treating. It only meant that I got to terrorize people without having to come up with an excuse as to why I've done it. Since, I moved to Ohio, it means only one thing and one thing only.

New victims.

Cue the evil laugh.

You might not have figured it out yet but it's finally Halloween. October the 31st.

The night where my power is at its peak.

Just kidding. Dramatic effect here.

"Lalalala," I sing as I place the black witch's hat on top of my unruly long black wig. I grab the fake frog and fake human hand off the counter as I continue walking around, humming to myself.

"Should we be afraid?" My aunt asks no one in particular.

I let out a giggle, walking upstairs to grab more stuff for tonight.

The weekend is over and we got out of school about three hours ago. Yep, you guess it. It's Monday. Quite sad we still have to go to school on the most wonderful time of the year. I should go on strike... Then again, everyone would see me as being petty or childish. But who cares what everyone else thinks. Jordan Leith certainly doesn't.

"Jordan," Teresa calls out when I enter the kitchen again. I turn towards her questioningly, watching as she takes one slow sip from her tea before tearing her eyes away from her phone.

"Would you like to join me to this party at Anderson's place?" She asks.

I glance at my aunt and uncle, questioning as to why they aren't saying anything or actually trying to stop her. I glance back at Teresa only to see her looking at me expectantly, an excited smile on her face as her usually cheery self was back.

"You guys can go to the party," Uncle Freddie assures me. "There's no catch to this, I promise."

I'm still kind of skeptical yet kind of excited at the same time. Why am I skeptical? Because I'm questioning my aunt and uncle's mental health since any responsible adult would refuse to let their children go to a party. And believe me when I say this, my aunt is a very responsible woman. I can't say anything about my uncle though.

"First I was afraid, I was petrified!" my uncle sang, using the wooden spoon as a microphone, swaying his hips. He bobs his head, skipping to the next verse. "Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side!" He twirls around and points at my auntie.