Chapter 34: There's a Stereotype, There's Another Stere- Ooh, Look a Cliché!

(:)(:)(:)

"This stereotypes have to stop." I slam my tray down, the items jumping and falling back down ungracefully.

Jake looks up at me ever so slowly, his eyes scrutinizing me, his black leather jacket in sight. He chews the food in his mouth, swallowing, pauses and gives me a long look before taking another bite of his mac & cheese. I roll my eyes and sit down across from him.

He glares at me. "Why are you sitting near me? You're going to ruin my rep," he hisses, his eyes darting towards the people staring at us.

I raise my eyebrows and scoff. "Your reputation was ruined a long time ago, you dumbhead."

"Oh, you did not just call me a dumb–" he stops himself and shakes his head. "Why do I even bother," I hear him mutter.

"Like I was saying," I cut in, unwrapping the aluminum foil from my hot potato. "I don't like this stereotypes." I let out a hiss of pain, wringing my hand out; the stupid potato burned me.

"So?"

I stare at him, wondering if he's even listening to a word I'm saying. "Sooo, that means we have to do something!" I exclaim, waving my fork around.

He continues glaring at me, chewing angrily.

I don't pay mind, replaying the events from yesterday. I never really thought that Cara was going to be someone I'd hear from again. The last time I heard from her was when she tried to recruit me to join the cheerleader's team but got distracted by Mr. Prettyboy over here.

Cara Greene.

Ah, a popular girl with a very poopy reputation.

"I'm the school's local slut."

I frowned. "Don't call yourself that."

She laughed, stumbling slightly as she walked towards the mirror hanging on the wall. "Why not?" She asked. "It's the truth, I like to have se–"

I grimaced before she even said the word. She didn't notice though as she opened up her purse, taking out stuff to fix herself up.

"–x and people know it, it's just that they can't mind their own fu–"

And again, I grimaced.

"–cking business, that's the problem."

"Oh, so we're sitting with Jake Branders now?" Teresa asks, her voice snapping me out my stupor. I glance at her, only to catch the grin on her face. "Didn't know we were allowed to."

Jake glares at her, stabbing at his food. "You're not," he answers her with all seriousness.

"Oh don't be such a grumpy pants," Ruby tells him, popping out nowhere, making me jump.

"Yeah, what she said," another voice said, belonging to a girl who sits herself beside Ruby.

Jake lifts his hands up in the air. Looking quite displeased, he stares at the ceiling. "What did I do to deserve this?" He mutters to himself. "I promise I'll be a good boy, just get this people away from me."