Chapter 35: I Suggest You Don't Get An Attitude

(:)(:)(:)

When I decided to help Diego, I thought I was in the right mind to do so, but the fact that I saw Diana Kalluchi kissing Marco– my friend who's the human version a small cinnamon roll.

Well, that completely throws anyone off.

I did try to the best of my ability to help Diego but I don't think I did a good job even if he assured me that I did. More than likely, I left him confused instead.

I can't help it and the remaining days left before Christmas, I couldn't look at Marco the same way, not when I greeted him or when he shyly looked away. Yet, the fact that Diana hasn't gotten me back from my last prank, it bewilders me and leaves me feeling very cautious.

Very cautious, indeed.

"What the hell does ambidextrous mean?"

I let my eyes trail over to a muttering Jake. He's looking down at the thin booklet that we're suppose to be reading. Our teacher had given us the assignment of writing a short summary about what the plot will be about depending on the first chapter. Being the smart teacher that Ms. Maynes is, she printed out only the first chapter to the book to make sure that no one cheats.

"You cursed," I state, frowning at the confused guy.

He rolls his eyes. "Right, because you're a real saint," he bits out bitterly, scrunching up his face as his frustration makes him snap at me.

I shrug, not having a remark to counter with seeing as I'm really not. "It means being able to write with both hands," I inform him, answering his question.

He blinks. "What?"

"The answer to your question," I reply, looking back down at my work as I start on my description. "It means having the ability to write with both hands really well," I repeat.

"Thanks," he says after a moment, scrawling away.

After a few minutes, I put down my pencil, having finished. I stand up, walking towards the front to turn in my paper. As I walk back to my desk, someone tries to trip me but I easily dodge. Not having the energy to hurt or glare at him, I continue walking.

"That's new," the kid says, laughing.

I ignore it.

"Guess the dumb– (beep) gave up already," another one piped in.

I stop in my tracks, curling my hands into fists as I turn to face them. They don't notice as I'm one step behind them. I raise both of my hands and whack them hard on the head. "Make another comment about me and you'll find yourself eating the germs on these floors," I threaten them.

The one on the left stands up, looking down at me, his nostrils flaring. I don't back away, feeling a bit afraid but I push it away as I stare back at him. Before he can do anything though, Jake pulls at my arm and Ms. Maynes notices.

"Is there a problem?" She asks.

I look at her and smile sweetly. "No, ma'am, he was just sitting down," I turn to the guy, peering up at him with the same smile. Isn't that right?"