Chapter 20: I Am Not In The Mood For Lame Pick-Up Lines

(:)(:)(:)

~ Part Two ~

"Babe, wouldn't you find it fang-tastic if you and I went out?"

I move my cup around in a circle as I watch the coke inside it stir, leaning against the counter in boredom, trying not to punch the guy that's trying to hit on me.

Emphasize greatly on the trying.

"I heard vampire girls are great at sucking, I'd love to find out," he purrs, looking at me seductively.

I restrain from rolling my eyes as I completely ignore him. You're probably wondering on why I'm not brushing past him or something?

Well, it probably has to do with a stupid someone making me wait here with this guy who happens to be his gosh darn stupid drunk cousin because apparently he has to use it very desperately.

Oh, but let me rewind to when I left the house and drove all the way to this typical high school party. Let's go on, shall we?

• • •

"How is it that your parents are so chill about this?" I ask Teresa incredulously.

She shrugs. "Mom doesn't really care as long as she doesn't hear about me doing drugs or hooking up with guys and dad is really chill and childish so..." She trails off, shrugging.

I snort, rolling my eyes as I enter her car and we began driving to Ruby's house. I lean my head against the window, slight anticipation for this party rattling my nerves yet at the same time I feel boredom settle in.

Before I know it, we arrive at Ruby's house, Teresa honking the car to make Ruby hurry the heck up. In a matter of minutes, she's slamming her front door close and running towards the car. I examine her outfit and finally realize as to why Teresa didn't force her to wear the vampire costume.

Ruby's dressed as the Black Widow.

And I don't know about you but the Black Widow outfit is considered very feminine.

"Hi," she says as she jumps inside the car, slamming the door close.

I turn around from my seat in the front and study her. She's breathing hard and her cheeks are flushed. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah," she answers as Teresa begins driving again, "I– I'm just not very... Fit," she breathes out.

I hold back a smirk as I turn around in my seat, turning the radio up a little bit more.

"...Troublemaker! Why does it feel so good but hurts so bad? My mind keeps saying run as fast as you can!" Olly Murs voice travels everywhere inside the car, the catchy song making me dance in my seat.

This time I don't hold back a grin as I sing-a-long, Teresa and Ruby joining me. It doesn't take long for another song to dominate the radio but before we can sing along to it, loud music is heard from outside, making me turn around in curiosity.

A large house that's two-stories high is shining brightly, loud music booming out of it as teenagers loiter around outside and on the porch, some sipping out of cups that are probably filled with liquor.