Chapter 10: Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite

(:)(:)(:)

"We could run away," he says, grabbing my arm to pull me into his chest.

I don't protest as I wrap my arms around his waist. "But where, Dylan? My parents wouldn't want us to be together. Just by meeting with you, I'd be disowned if they found out!" I cry out, backing away from him reluctantly.

"No, Jordan, I would never let them hurt you," he says, stepping in front of me, grabbing each side of my face. "We'd go to Italy! Get married and have children! You'll be Mrs. O'Brien!"

I smile happily, "Really? You'd do that for me? Oh Dylan, you're so sweet."

"Of course I'd do that for you, love," he says, caressing my cheek, "I'd do anything for you."

"Anything?" I repeat, perking up at this.

"Anything..." He whispers, leaning closer to me until our lips are almost brushing.

I close my eyes, leaning closer to him but just as my lips are about to meet his, he's jerked away from me. My eyes fly open as I see two guards taking hold of him.

"Dylan!" I gasp, grabbing a handful of my gown –that I somehow didn't notice I was wearing– before trying to grab him only to be pulled back as well. I thrash as I see him being dragged further away from me.

"Dylan!" I shriek, "Let me go!" I demand at the person holding me back, but their hold only tightens.

"I'll be back, Jordan! I'll come back for you!" he yells, a promising tone to his voice.

"Dylan, come back!" I yell, "Dylan!"

"Jordan..." a voice distinctly calls for me.

"Dylan," I mutter, dropping to the ground.

"Jordan," the voice repeats.

"Jordan!"

I feel someone shake me as my eyes fly open. I unconsciously jerk my leg, hitting something hard in the process. The person groans as I slowly sit up, taking in my surroundings. I look ahead, noticing Richard holding his stomach with a pained look on his face.

"Uh, Richard?" I ask, slightly concerned as to why the poor guy looks like he just got the air knocked out of him, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he answers, his voice coming out as a grunt. "It's not like you just hit me in the stomach. No, not at all, you're too sweet to do that, aren't you?" He says, straightening up.

I nod slowly. "Okayyy," I say, dragging out the y more than I should. "So, why have I just been awaken from my short... Dream?" I ask him, suddenly feeling slightly sour at the thought of having Dylan O'Brien ripped away from my grasp. I have the nagging suspicion that Richard was the cause of that.

"We're here," he answers, moving out of the doorway, motioning for me to get out.

I do, stretching my legs as I take a step back from the car. He slams the door close as I take the hairband from my wrist and tie my hair back into a sloppy ponytail.