Chapter 3: The Rossi Family - Revised

(:)(:)(:)

"Wake up."

"Nnnh..."

A loud, sharp sound rings in my sensitive ear, and I flinch. I shoot up, eyes still closed while my fist is flying to hit anything that seems remotely out of the ordinary.

Jackpot.

My hit lands, and I quickly grab the arm and twist it. I open my eyes and sigh before trapping the person in place as I start punching vigorously. "Why is it always you?!"

"Ow, ow!" My brother howls before untwisting his arm and pulling my shirt, slamming me onto the ground like I'm a rag doll. I gasp in slight pain but refuse to let go of his shirt that I managed to grasp at the last moment. Thirty seconds of both of us trying to get the upper hand, we're forced to stop as we both end up in quite a predicament.

Tick, tick, tick.

I decide to be the first to break the silence.

"Let go, you spineless little worm."

"I'll let go if you let go, ugly."

"Am not! And you let go first!"

"No." My brother taunts before hissing. "Stop pulling my hair, you idiot." He tucks on my ponytail, making me wince as I gravitate to his pull to lessen the pain.

"I'll tell mama about how you really got the headlights shattered—"

He lets go immediately, and I quickly scramble away. I huff as I fix my hair, rubbing my forehead where he's flicked me many times during our little squabble.

"Idiota..." I mutter, pursing my lips as I find the ceiling very interesting.

He rolls his eyes. "Says the one." He rubs his red cheek and scowls. "Why are you always so aggressive?!"

I lunge at him, sniggering when he flinches and immediately gets in defensive stance. Scoffing, I look at my watch, then back at him, crossing my arms and looking at him suspiciously. "Why are you in my room?"

"What? I can't check up on my little sis?"

"No, you cannot." I raise an eyebrow. "And I am not your little sis. We're the same age."

He purses his lips in a goofy manner before muttering loud enough for me to hear. "I came out an hour before you did."

"Childish, Ronan."

"Don't call me that, ugly." He grimaces. "You know I hate it."

I stare at him for a long second before squinting. "Ronan." I quickly dance out of his reach, squealing when he almost touches the hem of my shirt. "Why are you even in my room?!" I yell, staying out of reach as he follows me around.

"I wanted to use your mirror." He stops and shrugs, checking himself out once he spots himself in my mirror. He flexes and winks at the mirror, completely forgetting that I'm literally right here witnessing this monstrosity.

"Che idiota egocentrico sei." I wrinkle my nose, leaning against my bed frame as I look down on him with great distaste.

He snaps back in Italian. "No, your face is."

"This is why you can't keep a boyfriend. You never show respect." I stick my middle finger up, shrieking with laughter when he tries to lunge at me. "You're not fast enough!" I yell, jumping over my bed.

"Okay but who's the better soccer player? That's right! I-"

"I AM!" I scream over him. "I'm also faster, cooler." I smirk tauntingly, pausing for a slight moment to look at him. "And I pull more guys than you."