Chapter 17: ...Classified As A Nerd

(:)(:)(:)

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please!"

He taps his chin thoughtfully, glancing at the large stuffed animal behind him before returning his gaze to me. I pout, giving him doe eyes for effect. He glances back at the yellow duck and then at me. He rests his elbows on the table standing between the both of us. He tilts his head slightly and grins before he suddenly says that one word that leads me to my next actions.

"No."

My shoulders sag as I glower at the butthole before me. I grumble under my breath as I pay him five more bucks. He greedily takes it before turning around and reaching for the large stuffed animal and handing it to me.

He grins at me, showing off a perfect pair of teeth that makes me want to punch him. "Here you go, ma'am," he tells me, tipping an imaginary cowboy hat towards me.

I turn around, muttering to myself. "Yeah, you better say ma'am, stupid muthereffer..."

I try to walk through the crowd and find Teresa and Ruby again before someone suddenly twirls me around. I'm taken by surprise and start hitting the person with my yellow duck. "Get. Away. From. Me. You. Pervert!" I scream, hitting the person after every word.

The person yells, trying to stop me before another person suddenly yanks my stuffed animal away from me. I whimper at the sudden loss and turn towards the cruel person that took away my Patito. My eyebrows quirk up as I see that it's Ruby, hugging it tightly as she eyes me warily. I then turn my head to see Teresa with her hair no longer being held back into a ponytail but instead it's all over her head. Her face is slightly red as she looks flustered, her eyes narrowed at me.

It then hits me that I was actually hitting Teresa a few moments ago. I cough awkwardly, turning towards her sheepishly. "...Sorry," I mutter, rubbing my neck.

She rolls her eyes. "You say that now, do you seriously do that to everyone that taps your shoulder?"

I sigh, muttering out an apology before a loud laugh suddenly cuts me off. I look up, only to see Teresa laughing at me as she bends over slightly. I raise my eyebrows, completely confused now. Why in the world is she laughing?

"Um..." I glance at Ruby but see her eyeing her best friend as well, wondering the same thing I'm wondering.

Is she okay?

It takes a few minutes before Teresa starts sobering up. She swipes her fingers under her eyes, small giggles still escaping her mouth. "I'm sorry but... Your face was– And you looked so– and just– I– I–" she tries to say more but she falls into a fit of giggles again.

Ruby rubs her forehead. "I freakin' knew I shouldn't have bought her that stupid..." She mutters to herself.

I raise an eyebrow. "You shouldn't have bought her what exactly?" I question, glancing at my cousin.

Ruby snaps her gaze at me before looking down at the floor, shuffling her feet a little. "Um... I might have had bought her chocolate... And she might get extremely hyper when it enters her system..." She mumbles.