Chapter 28: Don't Believe Me, Just Watch

(:)(:)(:)

"Jordan, please, don't act irrational. It's not going to do you any good."

"But, Teresa, darling," I start sweetly, "It's not irrational if you have a reason behind your actions."

"Jordan," she starts, running in front of me, spreading her arms to block my way. "Jordan, don't do this. You do not want to get on their bad side," she tries to rationalize, "It's like throwing yourself to the sharks. Bad idea, very bad idea."

I roll my eyes, pushing her aside. "Yet it's thrilling, isn't it?" I counter before continuing to walk towards the school building, "And, think of me as one of the sharks, cuz," turning my head slightly, I flash her a bitter smile, "Because I'm out for blood."

I know high school is basically a personal hell for almost every teenager and I can relate to that, really. Except, a huge fear that most have are other teenagers their age because even if we try to deny it, they are quite scary. Not in the sense that they're scary-looking or anything but the fact that they are the ones that can hurt you the most. Ever heard of bullying?

Even though my case isn't that bad, I know it will if I let it.

"Jordan," she says in exasperation, throwing her arms up in the air. "Jordan, you little..." She begins before muttering out the rest of her sentence.

"Sorry, what? I didn't quite catch that," I say, walking further away from her.

She sighs, trying to catch up to me. "Jordan, think rational for one moment," she pleas, grabbing my arm. "Besides you don't even know Diana's first period class."

I glance at her, hesitating for a small moment before letting a small smile slip onto my face. "I'll figure it out, Tessie," I promise her before pushing open the school's front door.

Stopping shortly, I blink. "That was easier than I thought," I say out loud as my gaze fixates on Diana.

"Uh-oh." Teresa mutters, exchanging a nervous glance with Ruby.

"You!" I exclaim, pointing a finger at the no-good, horrible, two-faced witch. She raises an eyebrow, smirking slightly, knowing what I'm going to do.

Her brown hair is pulled back into a ponytail, letting her sharp features show. Her makeup doesn't look heavy but I can see that she put on foundation as there's no sight of any imperfections on her face.

"You–you..." A sweet smile spreads onto my face as I look at her, "Look absolutely stunning in that outfit!" I compliment her, "Tell me, how is it that your outfit matches so perfectly with your personality?" I ask her, feigning interest.

Her smug face slowly morphs into confusion. She doesn't say anything for a moment, at a loss for words. "I– What?"

My smile becomes a grin. "You know, since your personality is a little..." I pause, pretending to search for an appropriate word, "Nasty," I say, satisfyingly.

"You little bi–" she starts angrily, her hands clenching into fists.

"What's wrong, Diana?" I ask innocently, "Do you not like my way of describing things to you?" I smile. "Is it way out of your understanding? Hear, let me dumb it down for you," I pause for a small second, enough to lower my voice into a gentle tone. "No one likes you," I say tenderly and slowly.