Chapter 41: Emotionally Stable? Of Course

(:)(:)(:)

School starts tomorrow.

Luckily for me, I've already packed and done a lot of stuff over break. A huge accomplishment for me seeing as I love to procrastinate.

I liked being back home, seeing a few old friends and spending some time with them, introducing Teresa to them. She even caught someone's eye, having a temporary small fling. In all of her giggles and happiness, she forgot to mess with Ronnie for the remainder of our break. He was relieved, of course, because he really didn't have time to be jealous or irritated with her for teasing him about Trevor. Tyler, my little brother, of course didn't prank me anymore as I decided to let it go after he did that embarrassing call to Jake (who I dread to face tomorrow).

Trevor, my best friend, surprised me as he finally had a newfound courage to come out of the closet to his parents. As predicted, they weren't very happy or about it or fully understood, but they didn't hate him or kick him out. Although they didn't fully support it and there was a lot of tension between for a few days, they came around. They told Trevor that they loved him either way, even if they weren't comfortable about his sexuality.

It was the best we could hope for and Trevor was so relieved and happy that it turned out way better than he expected, thinking they would throw him out. He knew he had our support, no matter what.

Ronnie, of course, was more than elated by this news, getting even closer to my best friend now than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a thing by the time I was gone. Trevor was still a bit wary but more willing than before, knowing that he had lifted a huge weight off his shoulders by telling his parents. It was visible as he was more relaxed and laughed more.

During all of this events, I went to seek out my mom, apologizing to her to try and amend things between us. We didn't really have much in common which created most of the tension between our relationship as she didn't understand me. My dad was always my favorite parent. Being away from home gave us both time to relax, without me causing her even more stress and her not having to breath down my neck all the time. She understood, patting me on the head before giving me a hug. Of course, I had to mature more before we could fully have a mother-daughter bond. All of my angst and moodiness had to be forced out of me as I would soon become an adult. Which, mind anyone, scared the living crap out of me.

My dad and I spent a lot of time together, entering the snowman contest as partners against my brothers, and everyone else in our neighborhood. Our relationship was always strong, ever since I was young. My uncle still had a small feud with him but they got along great. The adults were always away talking and enjoying themselves when I and and everyone younger were doing their own thing.

It was one of the best holidays I've ever had in my years to live to be completely honest with myself.

"You're ready to start the new semester?" Teresa asks, snapping me out of my thoughts, nudging my side.

I groan, laughing as I shake my head. "Please, as if I need the stress so soon. Thinking about it all hurts my head. Did you finish all of your homework?"

She goes pale. "We had homework?!" She exclaims, clutching her head as she whips out her phone. She looks about ready to faint and I step closer, ready to catch her just in case. "Oh my god, you can't be serious..." she trails off faintly. "I have to get to work, we go back tomorrow!"