Chapter 26: I Have Been Given A Quest!

(:)(:)(:)

"Be a darling and give me those papers," I order the nameless guy as I hold out a hand impatiently.

His eyes dart behind me and then at the floor. "Uh, you see, I'd love to b–but this isn't yours and I don't think I'm allowed– I mean, I don't think I should... Hand it over," he answers, fixing his glasses nervously. He shuffles in place.

I smile tightly. "Isn't that such a shame."

"Don't hurt me, please," he says, taking a step back in fear as if I'm some wild animal that's going to attack at any moment.

I lunge for the papers and he lets out a small pathetic noise as he flinches.

"Dude, I was just getting the papers, I'm not hurting you," I reassure him, giving him a look with the papers in my hands.

I don't give him time to reply as I make a 180 degrees turn, facing Alex as he eyes me warily. I put the papers under my arm and hold out one single paper. I read the name that titles his full name in scratchy cursive handwriting on the paper and take out a lighter from my jean pocket.

"Where did you get that lighter?" The Asian guy whispers to me, horrified.

I shrug. "Home."

"Why do you have a lighter in your pocket?" He asks.

"Why not?" I answer simply before halting in my words and turn my head slightly as I look at him. "I don't smoke, don't go getting ideas."

He turns a light shade of pink and averts his gaze towards the floor. I look back at Alex and give him a sweet smile. I turn on the lighter and place it near the edge of the paper that is his so-called precious homework.

"Wait... Jordan, what are you doing?" He asks as he takes a step towards me as his eyes widen. "Hey, wait, Jordan don't do it–" His outstretched hand clenches into a fist as his eyes close. He hangs his head, a pained look on his face as the paper begins to burn right in front of his pretty eyes.

"Oops."

I place it on the ground, letting it burn by itself as I know that the fire will burn out as I throw the lighter into the nearest trashcan, not wanting any evidence on me even though there's a lot of witnesses in this very room.

But hey, a little bit of cleaning never hurt anyone, right?

I turn to face the nervous boy and take his hand. "I have been given a quest!" I declare dramatically as I began to drag him out of the cafeteria.

I then proceed to go back to the crime scene to grab my lunch and then leave even though I already ruined my dramatic exit.

"A... Quest?" The guy asks unsurely, walking besides me as he follows me to god-knows-where.

I smile at him. "Yeah, to ensnare you into my net and force you to become my slave."

His eyes widen and he stops in his tracks, refusing to follow me further. I stop as well and let out a fit of giggles. "I'm just kidding!" I try to reassure him, still laughing.

He still continues to gape.

"God, you're gullible," I mutter. "I was just kidding, I swear. My actual quest was to hide for the remaining lunch period so that I can stall my punishment and the ever-so-delightful consequences that awaits my actions."