Chapter 13: Ha! I'm Smarter Than You, Boo-Yah!

(:)(:)(:)

I roam around the school, completely and utterly bored. Apparently, other students have a free period as well, and since it isn't lunchtime yet, I'm trying to find my way to the library at least. There I can hide away from human interaction that is not welcomed. I find loneliness more welcoming than loud rowdy crowds. Being alone doesn't suffocate me or triggers anything.

I halt in the middle of the hallway, realizing that I'm completely and utterly bored.

No...

No, Jordan Leith, doesn't get bored, I think to myself in horror.

"Shizzle, I'm bored," I whisper to myself. "I can't get bored, I'm Jordan Leith for Pete's sake!" I cry out, dramatically. "The last time I was bore–"

"Okay, I knew you were weird since the first time we talked, but this... This is beyond weird," a voice speaks from behind me.

I turn on my heel, only to come face to face with a familiar face from before. "Jakey!" I exclaim in an overly-high pitched voice that can possibly break glass. Fluttering my eyelashes exaggeratedly, I smile sweetly, "Oh, I just love it when I get interrupted!" I exclaim in the same tone, giggling airily before a hiccup escapes my mouth. I cover my mouth, feigning bashfulness as I look to the ground. "Oops."

He cringes. "I know you for less than twenty-four hours and already, I'm hating your mocking nature," he tells me, shaking his head. "I swear, at this rate, you're gonna end up sounding like Diana everyday."

I raise an eyebrow, dropping the façade. "And she is...?" I prompt.

He raises a hand, counting down with his fingers. "Diana Kalluchi. Co-captain of the cheerleader's team, right hand of Kayla aka the head cheerleader, and a very fake person in general." He grins rather dryly, walking right beside me.

"Ew," I comment, wrinkling my nose, "Who decided to name that bitchacha after a goddess?"

He shrugs. "Her parents?"

I shove him playfully. "Shut up, Mr. Pretty-face."

"No," he mimics in a slightly high-pitched voice. "Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?" he asks, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow at me.

"I could ask you the same thing," I reply snootily, crossing my arms over my chest, as I blow a stubborn strand of hair away from my face.

"I asked first," he retorts, mimicking my stance.

"Yeah, well, I'm a girl and the main protagonist of this story," I argue.

"What?" he questions.

"What?" I echo.

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever and to answer your question, I have a free period," he admits.

"So do I," I reply back in the same manner, mocking him further as I plant a hand on hip sassily and using other hand to wave at him in that one motion that girls do to flirt with guys. You know, that hand wave/claw motion.

He turns a blind eye to my childish behavior. "You." He tilts his head slightly, "Really?" he asks in a genuinely surprised voice. "What's your GPA?"