Chapter 37: Tronnie?

(:)(:)(:)

I sigh, bidding goodbye to Richard since my family is too busy bickering with each other to notice him driving away, the only exception being Aunt Reyna.

Speaking of my aunt–

"Will all of you be quiet! Honestly, first time I visit in a long time and this is what I witness? Freddie, you should know better!" She scolds my uncle before rounding on Teresa. She grabs her ear in warning. "Teresa, stop being mean to your cousin."

Teresa whines. "Mooooooooooom," she cries out, embarrassed.

Ronnie smirks in triumph. Yet his victory is short lived when my mom suddenly appears at the front door except, he doesn't have to panic because mom pays him zero attention. "FREDDIE!" She yells, completely forgetting that she's wearing high heels and runs over to my uncle.

Uncle Freddie grins, hugging my mom tightly before suddenly putting her in a headlock. I let out an involuntary gasp, quickly hiding behind Trevor as I wait for my mom to flip out on her brother. My brothers are gaping in stunned silence, also fearing our mom's reaction as they try to hide behind our dad.

Except, our dearest mother gives us a surprise.

She laughs.

My eyes widen in shock, before I remember... Of course, he does this almost every time he visits.

"Freddie! You're gonna mess up my hair!"

My uncle playfully begins ruffling up her hair, earning more protests from my mom. "You haven't changed one bit, have you, sis?" He asks her, an amused grin on his face. He lets her go, though, getting hit nonetheless.

She rolls her eyes, brushing strands of hair from her face. "Obviously not, even if I'm younger, you're still as childish as ever."

He rolls his eyes too, mimicking his sister. "Obviously not, because I'm, like, so mature." He snorts. "Need I remind you that you married that guy," he points at my dad.

"Hey!"

My mom shrugs. "He's grown on me."

"Hey!" My dad cries out for the second time.

"Hi," my brothers and I chorus cheekily, simultaneously giving him an angelic smile.

My mom's gaze quickly slides to me and smiles, striding over to me, pulling me into a brief hug. "Jordan, honey, it's so good to see you again," she says. "I've actually kinda missed you being at home. Even if you do cause most of my headaches."

"Gee, I love you too, mom."

She smiles, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. She soon notices my aunt and Teresa and greets them with a welcoming smile. "Reyna," she acknowledges. "It's so good to see you. How'd you convince my brother to bring you here?"

Aunt Reyna laughs. "It wasn't easy. As you know, it's been a bit... ah, difficult, for us to visit."

She isn't wrong. Last year, Teresa had gotten the flu on Christmas which led to the Bradley's failing on visiting. And then, the two years before that, Uncle Freddie was away on business all the way on the other side of the world. The year before those, the whole family was in Spain because they had yet to move back to America after many years. After Teresa had turned nine, her whole family decided to go back to Aunt Reyna's country and stay there for like... five years. Uncle Freddie works from home and travels around half the time to earn money so every time that he's come to the United States, he tries to visit mom which explains as to why I've seen him growing up unlike my aunt and cousin.