Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I slammed the door.

The house was empty anyway, so who cares what I did? 

Like I promised myself, I decided to go take a bath, hoping that it'll soothe the pounding headache that was starting to form rapidly. 

Surprisingly, it did. My headache was now a mild one and I felt a lot better, both physically and emotionally. I almost forgot about Elliot. Almost.

I changed into a comfy hoodie and a pair of loose pajama pants and blow-dried my hair completely, I barely ever did this because I literally look a troll. But who cares? 

Also like I promised myself, I began to indulge myself with a bucket of chocolate ice cream. It’s creamy texture felt like heaven in my mouth. I shouldn’t be eating this since it was probably the unhealthiest thing on the face of the earth, but I wasn’t fat, so I guess eating it once in awhile wouldn’t really change a lot.

I curled up into a ball on the chair behind the table with the chocolate ice cream between my belly and legs.

Elliot was such a jerk. I regret not punching him back in the restaurant. He might be good looking on the outside, but he’s definitely not good looking on the inside. If only –

The door swung open in a bold manner, scaring the crap out of me. I almost dropped my ice cream! And I barely ever drop anything because I got scared.

I whirled around in my chair to face a wide-eyed Elliot. Hey, speaking of the devil, the devil appears. His eyes went back to normal size in just a few seconds.

I flattened my hair involuntarily. Hopefully it wasn’t too puffy – hey, why do I care what I look like? – I narrowed my eyes at Elliot.

“What are you doing in my room?” my eyes were slits by this point, “and have you never heard of the term “knocking”?”

“What was that back in the restaurant?” he demanded, his amber eyes were like fireballs, burning into mine. Making me squirm uncomfortably in my seat. But I didn’t show it on my face, well; at least I hoped I didn’t.

“You deserved it, Elliot,” I spat his name as if it was something dirty.

Once again, he looked shocked but he quickly recomposed himself, “DO you have any idea what you did back there?” he sounded so angry, I was surprised he didn’t burst into flames yet.

“Of course I do. I embarrassed you in front of everyone,” I said smugly but gulped when I saw the devilish look on his face.

“Joey Rose Taylor!” he looked so furious, I was actually scared. Maybe I went a tad bit too far. Just a tad bit, “my reputation is in jeopardy because of you!”

“Oh please. Who’s gonna tell the people at school? Your friend Alfie?” I smirked.

“No one is, because everyone has it on tape!” he sounded exasperated as his hand ran through his messy chestnut coloured hair, “seriously Joey! You might not care about what people think of you, because you don’t even have a reputation at school, but I do! Even if you really think of me like that, you could’ve just told me in private. Not like that! Not in public!”

“Pshh, you’re overreacting,” I tried to sound brave, but I was actually starting to feel bad, he was Elliot Hunter after all and maybe messing with him isn’t going to get me anywhere.

His body language is starting to scare me. He was walking towards me slowly with a devilish grin planted on his face.

“W-what are you doing?” I tried to back away but I realized that I was up against the desk. I had nowhere else to go.