Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

"No! I get to use the bathroom first!" 

"Noooo. Remember? We already agreed that I get use the bathroom first today and you'll use the bathroom first tomorrow," I sighed. I can't believe I'm having this discussion with him right now. It's nine pm and I'm bored to death and we're discussing bathroom privileges. What is this?

"Why are we even having this conversation in the first place Joey?" Elliot gave me a smirk.

"Honestly, I don't even know. If it really matters that much to you. You can go into the bathroom first. I just don't feel so well," my legs are sore from walking and my head feels like it's going to explode. 

"Are you alright? Maybe I should go ask Mr. Keeting for some medicine," he sounded worried all of a sudden.

"No, I'm fine. I just need a warm shower and I'm sure I'll feel better," I said as I got ready to shower.

"Are you sure?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes! I'm sure," why was he acting this way?

"Okay, well go shower then," he turned to go lie on the bed closer to the bathroom.

I grabbed a towel and headed into the bathroom. Does showers ever soothe your headaches and aching bodies? Cause it sure does for me. It's like medicine, except a lot healthier.

But as I dried myself I realized I didn't have my pajamas with me. Shoot. I must've left them in my suitcase. I wrapped a huge towel around my body and tip-toed outside. Of course, Elliot was shirtless, and I couldn't help but gape at his body. Hopefully, he didn't notice. But as I walked across the room I could feel his eyes on me. This was incredibly awkward because I was only wrapped in a towel and my hand was clenched tightly around the towel so it wouldn't fall down. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if it fell. I shuddered at the thought. 

As I fumbled through my suitcase in search of my pajamas. A very uneasy feeling began to set in. This morning, after I changed into my hoodie and sweats, I don't remember putting my pajamas inside my suitcase...that could only mean one thing. 

I had no pajamas for this entire trip. 

I banged my head on the wall three times.

"Whoa! I never knew you were suicidal!" he joked from the bed.

"Shut up," I mumbled as I looked through the suitcase one last time. Yep, I definitely did not bring it. I guess I was just going to have to sleep in my hoodie and sweats. I sighed as I walked towards the bathroom to change.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"What do you think i'm doing?" I said tiredly.

"Why are you changing into your day clothes?"

"Why do you have so many questions?" I replied.

He ignored my questions completely, then he stood up and walked over to his own suitcase. "Here change into these," he thrusted a pair of hollister boxers and a plain black t-shirt at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked giving him an outrageous expression.

"I'm being generous and letting you borrow my clothes. Duh," he shrugged, "now, I'm going to go take a shower, so you may change in the room," and just like that he walked into bathroom without another word.

I gaped at the items in my hand. What the hell?

He expects me to just change into his clothes? No way Jose. But I brought the items up to my nose and took a deep whiff. His scent overwhelmed and I almost tipped over. Wow.