Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"Would you like to go eat dinner with me tomorrow?" those words hung in the air awkwardly. I never expected him to ask him that question in a million years. How is this possible? Just two minutes ago, a completely different guy was asking me out on a date and now a different guy (the guy I may or may not like) just asked me out again? Jesus.

"Um..." I scratched my forehead, "I don't think so,"

"Oh ok," he looked as red as ever. I almost felt bad for him, "can I ask why?"

"It's because I have plans tomorrow," I explained. But I wasn't going to tell him what plans I had.

"Oh ok," he said again. 

"Yeah...sorry," I began to gather my stuff for the bathroom. 

What was with him? Did his vocabulary suddenly limit to only two words? "Oh ok"? 

But I was still in shock from him basically asking me out. Just three days ago he was saying he has no feelings for me and that the kiss we shared was a mistake. Now he's asking me out in New York City on Christmas Day. Yeah, seems legit.

I shook my head as I stepped into the shower. This was going to be one awkward night.

-----

"Hey Joey!" Someone said behind me. I turned around. 

"Hey Thomas," I smiled at him. 

"Let's go. I don't want to waste any time," he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the exit of the hotel.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Elliot walking swiftly towards a girl. She had long brown hair and beautiful eyes. He grabbed her hand began walking. I wanted to smack her.

"Wait. Thomas," I pulled my hand out of his.

"What? Is something wrong?" he eyed me curiously. Why did I tell him to stop? It's not like I can go up to Elliot to confront him. But who was she? His girlfriend? No, that can't be possible. So is she her date or something? "Earth to Joey!"

"W-what?" I blinked again as if to just come out of a daze. 

"You've been staring into empty space for the past two minutes," he laughed. I looked around. Elliot was nowhere to be seen.

"I was?" I scrunched up my face.

"Yea..." he gave me a weird look. This is my first date in New York and I was already making a fool of myself. That sounds exactly like something I would do.

We arrived at restaurant after fifteen minutes of walking. It was an Italian restaurant that made extremely good pasta and pizza. I couldn't wait to stuff myself. 

"Hey, do you want to go watch fireworks afterwards with me?" Thomas offered after we both ate.

"Um...I don't think so, sorry," I needed to talk to Elliot ASAP. But I did feel bad.

"Oh that's alright," he smiled, not at all bothered by this. "I had a lot of fun tonight, maybe we can do this again once we get back to London?"

"Sure, just ring me up!" I smiled as we neared the hotel. "I have to go, my feet are freezing," 

That was clearly a lie because I was wearing Ugg boots. But Thomas didn't seem to notice because we exchanged good byes and headed towards the elevator that would leave us to our hotel rooms.

The moment I stepped foot into the room my eyes were glued on to Elliot. He was sitting on the bed with the same girl, except this time, he had this arms around her, AND they were smiling at each other. I could feel my body tremble with anger but I quickly contained myself.