Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Close your eyes" he mumbled as he placed a hand over my eyes. Then he wrapped a bandana over my eyes. 

"Why are you being so secretive?" I grumbled in annoyance. I hated having my eyes covered up by something. My eyes were everything. I honestly did not know how blind people can function properly.

"You'll see," 

We were standing in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, I was confused. Where was he taking me? Why am I even going with him? He could be a serial killer for all I know. But I had a feeling it was going to be something worth being blind for.

Then something sounded really louded. Like really really loud. Like something spinning.

"A helicopter?" I said out of nowhere. 

"You'll see," he yelled. The noise was so loud he had to yell in order for me to hear him.

I didn't respond. All I did was wrap the jacket tighter around my body and await for his arms to wrap around my torso. I needed someone to guide me to my destination. 

The air grew colder and colder as we walked towards the noise. But then, just as I felt the noise maker's presence right beside me. I was lifted up into the air by Elliot. 

Once again, I was carried bridal style by my one and only crush. 

This time I didn't even bother struggling. I knew it was no use and I couldn't have walked by myself with a bandana wrapped around my head.

He lifted me into what I thought was a helicopter and we took off. Honestly, I didn't think this was such a good idea.

"Can I please take this thing off?" I pleaded as I tugged on the bandana gently.

"Hm. Nope," I could hear that he was smiling and I frowned.

"Why? What else is there to show me?" I asked.

"Oh we're just getting started," he shuffled closer to me. "Do you love me Joey?"

That question caught me off guard. What was I supposed to say? Obviously I loved him. I loved him so much my heart ached. But I couldn't tell h- screw my innocence.

"Yeah. I do," I sighed as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. And it was. I felt like I was a feather.

Even though he didn't say anything, I could feel the atmosphere change. He was probably smiling too. I would be if I was him.

"Are we there yet?" I whined like a 3rd grader on an eight hour car trip.

"Patience, young grasshopper," he patted me on the leg.

I laughed,"really? Elliot? Kung fu panda? WOW..."

"What's wrong with Kung-fu panda?" he smirked, "plus. We're here,"

"Great. Can I please take this stupid bandana off my head?" I reached up and began to tug on the soft material.

"Uh no. Come on follow me. Stand up," he grabbed my hand and I shivered. It wasn't because of the cold hair, it was because his hands were so gentle but not soft, just how I liked it. 

"Fine!" I rolled my eyes even though I knew he couldn't see me. I followed him to the edge of what I still thought was a helicopter and waited. 

Suddenly, the same noise that nearly deafened me a few minutes ago sounded again. I clasped hands over my ears. 

"Could you please-" I was interrupted by a huge whoosh of air that blew into my face. My hair went flying and I nearly fell backwards, but Elliot steadied me with one hand. "What the hell?" I yelled over the wind and sound. Now I was sure we were on the edge of a helicopter.