Chapter Twenty-Seven

Joey's POV

I groaned. Why was there so much homework? I hated Mr. Keeting. I hated him. Well not really, but why did he have to give me so much homework? He asked me specifically to help do something for him. Why me? I couldn't say no. He was a teacher. So here I was, stuck doing what he asked me to do. And I still had to do my own homework.

My fingers raced along the keyboard of my laptop. But then I heard a crash. It was loud and it came from Elliot's room.

Before I knew it I was already running towards his room. What if something happened to him? What would I do? 

I didn't even bother knocking on his door. I just swung it open and said at the same time, "what happened? Are you okay?" 

I breathed when I saw him sitting on the ground with a thick box beside him. He wasn' hurt. That was good. But then I realized I was supposed to be mad at him for Friday. So I spun on my heels and walked towards the exit.

"Joey! Wait!" he said frantically. I took a deep breath, put on a scowl and turned around.

"What?" 

"I broke something," he said calmly. A leg? A hand? An arm? I was secretly freaking out but I made sure I didn't show it at all. 

"What did you break?" my voice wavered slightly. Shoot.

"My heart," he placed a hand on his chest. 

I rolled my eyes but my heard was pounding so hard, I thought it was going to fall out of my chest. 

"That's the lamest pick up line ever," I said and then turned around again.

This time, he placed a hand on my arm. How did he get up so fast? "Don't go. I have something to tell you," 

Okay, the effect that his touch had on me was phenomenal. Like I just stood frozen, I should've ran or left, but noo. I just stood there. 

"Are you going to move? Because if you aren't then I guess I'm going to have to carry you," he reached out, placed a firm hand on my back and another behind my knees and pulled me up.

"Hey! Put me down! I can walk!" I tried to jump down, but sadly, he was too strong. 

"Not a chance. He said as he walked towards the living room with me still in his arms. I stopped struggling because I knew it was no use and I sort of liked the heat that was rolling off his chest.

He placed me on the couch gently and sat beside me.

"I need to say something-" he began to say but was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He quickly pressed the accept button and put it to his ear.

"Is it ready?" he sounded urgent.

The person on the other end said something and I was immediately curious. Elliot grinned hugely and said,"thanks mate," then he turned to look at me before turning away and whispering something into the phone.

I slapped him on the arm, "hey, no whispering,"

He turned off his phone.

"Joey Rose Taylor I need to tell you something. Something I've kept for a really long time," he looked at me solemnly. 

"Uh...okay?" I felt my palms begin to sweat and my face heat up.

"I like you. No scratch that. I love you," he stared at me with a pair of loving amber eyes that I grew to be fond of.

I didn't say anything. I was overwhelmed.

"I think I've liked you ever since that day at the restaurant. No one has ever stood up to me like that. Let alone a girl. There was something different about you that intrigued me very much," he grabbed my hand. It was warm, rough and soft at the same time. "you seem to just know me. Do you know what I mean by that?"

"No," 

He ignored what I said, "I think I was just really confused about my feelings and when I saw you with Thomas I just felt like something died inside me. It's like I was losing something that I never had. You know what I mean? That's why I was so angry with you after that night," he said sadly.

"But I don't understand," I frowned. "If you really like me, why did you go with that brunette Tuesday?" 

"I was angry. I was angry that you had a date and I wasn't him. But also, we didn't do anything. She's just a girl who wants my attention so she just asks me to tutor her even though she's a straight A student," he shrugged.

"Oh," a wave of relief ran over me. So they didn't do anything?

"Also, I really want to know something," he paused, "do you like me?" 

I paused for a moment as well before saying ,"nope. I freaking hate you,"

He looked like he just witness a murder, "wait what?"

"Yep, that's right. You heard me! I freaking hate your guts!" I felt my cheeks heating up. Not of embarressment. But of absolute anger. "I hate the way you made me feel everytime I see you, butterflies form in my stomach. I hate how you acted like I didn't exist after every time you kissed me. It made me feel like rubbish you know that Elliot Hunter? I hate you because you make me cry when I should be laughing and having fun. I could go on and on about why I hate you but I'm not going to," I took a deep breath.

He smiled,"I'm glad that you "hate" me,"

"Did you know that you stole my first kiss?" 

His eyes went wide in shock, "well, I wouldn't call it steal..."

"You knew it was my first kiss?" I said in awe.

"No. To be honest I had no idea, and I'm sorry," he rubbed his forehead.

"But you know what I really found hurtful Elliot?" I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" he sounded scared.

"When you left me in that hospital after I got hit by that car, although I don't see why I would get hit, I'm usually a very cautious person," I was very confused about his and my own actions.

"You don't remember?" he looked astonished,"you got a phone call remember? And then you just started running and then boom..." he trailed off.

I rubbed my temples. I honestly couldn't remember a thing. Was short term memory loss? 

"I-I don't remember anything," I said frantically. "Who was the phone call from?"

"I don't know. But I think it was your dad. He said something about calling you at that time," he sounded distracted,"maybe you should call him after this,"

"After what?" I cocked my head. "Is this you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"What no!" he looked at me weirdly,"of course not!"

Everything just went from good to bad. So what was the point of all this? Just to tell me how he loved me and then, that's it?

"Oh," I slumped down.

"I mean," he grinned mischeviously, "this isn't me asking you to be my girlfriend. Not yet,"

"Wait what?"

"C'mon follow me. You'll see," he winked at pulled me up. "Put on your uggs, we're going for a ride," 

Something told me it wasn't going to be a normal car ride.

Hope you guys liked this chapter! 

Thanks for all the support :) The book is almost finished!

-silvergiraffe_