Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen 

I stretched my hand out to touch the other side of the bed, but for some reason it seemed larger because I just can't seem to reach the end of the bed. 

Then I realized that I wasn't even in my own bed. I was in Elliot's bed. I was suddenly as alert as an owl at midnight. 

The electricity was back which was a good thing. But he wasn't in the bed. I sighed in relief but my relief didn't last long because just then, he walked out of the bathroom, wearing only a towel around his torso. I instantly turned around to face the headboard of the bed.

"Why did you turn around?" he asked quizzically. Are you kidding me? You're basically naked and you're asking me why I turned around?

"Um because you know...because you're like half naked?" I said still not turning around.

"Jesus Christ," he muttered, "you're different than most girls," 

"I'll take that as a compliment," I smiled to myself. I liked being different.

He didn't say anything after that so I figured he probably left to go change. But once I turned around I was just faced with the same Elliot, except this time he had a huge grin on his face.

"Hey!" I gaped at him. His hair was wet but it was sticking up in every direction on his head and his skin was still glistening with water from the shower.

"Hey what?" he smirked.

"You know very well what I mean by that!" I retorted but I didn't turn around again. 

"Actually I don't," he leaned against the side of wall with his arm crossed.

"Oh nevermind!" I sighed in defeat, he was so hard to talk to, "just go change. Please,"

"I was just about to go anyway, but just so you know, I'm not going because you asked," he then proceeded to go change.

Finally. I was not going to leave the bed until he was gone. I was still in my robe.

I was in my robe! I looked down and sure enough, I was and everything was twisted, the waistband was all the way around and thank god the knot I tied didn't undo itself. That would've been bad. Very very bad.

"You look nice with puffy hair," Elliot said just before he disappeared around the corner.

I began to blush and I even smiled to myself. What was wrong with me? I seriously needed to get a grip. 

But maybe I should wear my hair in a puffy fashion more often...

Shut up brain.

-----

After eating some lucky charms cereal for breakfast, we decided to go out. Even though we weren't supposed to. But I guess the backyard doesn't really count right? 

I tapped my chin as I browsed through my selection of winter jackets, boots, scarves, hats, and mittens. Olivia really have a good fashion taste. I ended up choosing just a pair of brown uggs, and nice cozy white TNA jacket, and some other items that would keep my fingers from falling off.

"You know, I've always been really good at making snowmans," I said to Elliot as we walked down the stairs to this backyard.

"You. Good at making snowmen?" he laughed.

"What's so funny?" I demanded. He was so rude!

"It's just that you don't seem like kind of person to make snowmen. In fact, you just don't seem like the kind of person to play with snow," he shrugged.