Chapter 38

You wake up to the smell of eggs and toast and the sound of Phil's voice. Although you are awake, you keep your eyes closed and pretend you are asleep. Eavesdropping.

"You are going to LOVE my eggs." Your mother says.

"They smell delicious!"

"Thank you Philip."

"It's Phil--"

"Yes, may I ask you a question?"

"Uhmm..sure Mrs. (Y/L/N)."

"How much do you love (Y/N)?"

"Well.." You could him look back at you.

"I love her. I don't really have an amount. I just know that I love her."

"Mhmmm." Your mother does that a lot.

Silence. For minutes. Phil breaks the silence.

"Are those eggs ready?"

"Yes! Here you go," You could hear the clink of the plate on the table. "They're to die for." That's when you opened your eyes wide open. You sit right up and gasp. Phil looks over at you from the eggs and you could see the anger in her wide, "frightened" eyes. "(Y/N), are you okay?" Phil says standing up to walk over to you. Your mother looks over at him quickly, jerking her head, about to say something. Cry, cry, cry. You think. Your eyes start to tear up and you start to cry fake tears.

"Oh no." Phil says sincerely. You begin to shake and sob. Taking a glance at your mum, she is tightening her lips together and she folds her arms. Phil jogs over and hugs you. You hug back.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare. You...died."

"I won't leave you this soon. I promise." He says as you look up. She saw what you were doing and her eyebrows tilt down. You smile. Her face scrunches up even more. Phil keeps repeating, You'll be okay. Shhh. Everything will be fine..shhhh. Your mum calms down and unfolds her arms. She puts her sad face back on. She has a plan and you know you are ready to crash it. "Philip, do you want any of these eggs?" He turns and looks at the plate of uneaten eggs. "Uhhh...no thanks Mrs. (Y/L/N)." Then he turns to me. "Wanna go for a walk?" He asks. You nod your head and get ready.

It was chilly out that day, so you grab your red hoodie over top of a black tee. You sqeeze into some super skinny jeans and red converse. Quickly, you pull your hair into a ponytail and put on some makeup. Phil is waiting by the door in his Wolves jumper. "Ready?" He asks. You nod as he opens the door for you.

"So, your mum seems nice."

"She basicaly forced me to sleep last night."

"What?"

"She put Nyquil in my drink."

"She probably just wanted you to sleep well. The sofa is pretty springy."

"No, Phil. She wanted me to sleepso I wouldn't tell you the truth."

"What truth?"

"My mum doesn't like you. At all."

"(Y/N)-"

"I know what you're going to say. She's nice and she does like you. No. She wants to get rid of you. Not just sending you home. She wants me to break up with you and never see you again."

"(Y/N)-"

"She. Hates. You."

"(Y/N). Stop interrupting. It's not like she wants to kill me. I'm not gonna break up with you. Ever. Okay? Now, let's get some good eggs. Her's smelled like plastic. It was weird."