Eleven||...Become One

I wipe off the sweat from my forehead and continued to serve the customers their order. I started to wipe off the tables until my cloth got snatched away from me. I turn around to see the striking blue eyes I can never get tired of.

"Elijah, stop," I whined and reached for the cloth. "Give it back, I have to continue working."

He pushed me aside gently and started to spray and wipe the table.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I can't help my girlfriend?"

"You don't work here Elijah."

He gave me a peck on the lips and whispered "I don't care, now serve the customers before they get cranky."

I chuckled softly and went back to the counter and took some orders.

"Can I have a plain black coffee with one cream and 3 sugars?" Isabela asked.

I wrote down her order and said "Coming right up Isabela, is that all?"

"You remember me?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"It's just that," she sighed "never mind, but that's all for my order."

Something isn't right. I thought.

I continued to take some orders and serve until finally I was able to see what was wrong with her. I gave her coffee and sat down.

"Be careful, it's a little too hot."

"Its fine." She murmured.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it softly "Are you okay?"

"No," she sighed. "..Just some problems at home."

I let go of her hand "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yes and no," she breathed out. "I don't know, I feel like you would judge me?"

"No I won't, now tell me, I'm here."

I know I didn't know Isabela well enough, but for some reason she reminded myself in my teen years. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like I have a connection with her, not a relationship type of connection, but a motherly connection. To me it seems like her feelings are open as a book and I'm just here reading and absorbing each and every one of them.

"Autumn?" She questioned.

"Yes?"

"Have you ever wanted to tell someone every single thing you've been through so badly, but can't because of the consequences?"

Every. Single. Day.

"Yes Isabela, its apart of life, sometimes you just want to scream to the world that you're not okay and you're praying that someone can see YOU, even with your mask on. Is that how you feel?"

"Every single day, but I can tell that's how you feel to."

I looked in her deep green eyes and finally saw my reflection. My guard was down. She saw ME.

The Autumn behind the mask. The real Autumn Night.

7 YEAR OLD AUTUMN NIGHT POV

CHRISTMAS DAY

THE DAY EVERYTHING WENT TUMBLING DOWN.

I ran down the steps quickly towards the kitchen to see my mother covered in flour.

"Mom," I giggled. "What happened here missy?"

"Santa did it?"

"Is mother lying to me?" I faked gasped.