Twelve||Roommate

Deep breaths Autumn.

Relax.

Stay calm.

Breathe.

I took a deep breath while staring at Isabela's green eyes.

"Look Isabel-"

"Autumn its fine, but can I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course."

She itched her hair and chewed her lips nervously.

"Isabela, just ask me, you don't have to be nervous." I reassured her.

"I was wondering if I could possibly stay at your house for 2 weeks."

"What's wrong with your home?"

"You know what, forget what I said sorry for wastin--."

"You can stay at my home, but is there something happening in your home?"

"Yes."

I got up and placed my hands on the table "Okay you can tell me later, wait here till I get off from work and then we will talk and get your things."

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Hey, no problem."

I walked back towards the counter to see my boss, oh boy.

"Why weren't you working?" she said.

"Sorry ma'am, my friend was having a little bit of problems and she wanted to talk to me for a favor."

"Okay don't let it happen again, I believe you since you never lied to me, but one thing," she said sternly. "I'm not paying your boyfriend for helping out, if anyone asks say he's doing volunteer work."

I nodded my head and continued to serve the customers.

"Can I have two cups of coffee? One sweet with cream and the other a little sweet without cream." Elijah asked with a smile on his face.

"Good taste on the first cup of coffee." I teased.

"Of course."

"Coming up."

I made the two cups of coffee and sat next to Isabela.

"I hope you're not leaving me out of the conversation." I said glancing at Elijah.

"Oh we're not," Isabela said. "You never told me you had a boyfriend."

I took a sip of my coffee and said "Well somethings just happens on its own."

"What time do you get off?" Elijah asked.

"What time is it?"

"2:23."

"I get off at 2:40 so I still have to work for about 20 minutes, and Isabela is going to be living with me for 2 weeks or more."

"More?" She questioned.

"Yes more, I don't want you living in the streets."

"If you don't mind me asking, is there anything going on at your house?" Elijah asked Isabela.

As soon as Elijah asked that question she instantly got nervous.

He put his hand on her shoulder, squeezed lightly and said "Hey you don't have to tell me right now, I know we don't know each other, but if you're on Autumn's good side that instantly makes you my friend."

"Wow Isabela, you just met him and you're already taking him away from me."

"No! It's n--."

"I'm just teasing you Isabela, calm down."

I got up and took the cups and continued on working. At the end of my shift, Elijah grabbed my purse and followed us with his truck to Isabela's house. I parked my car right in front of coral blue house, the landscape was eye appealing, and the house seemed like mini mansion.

I turned to Isabela and asked "Do you want Elijah and I to come inside of the house with you?"

"Yes."

I got out the car and put my hair in a messy bun, I looked at Elijah and said "Wow, what happened? You lost some muscles."

"You love me either way."

"Your right, okay Isabela, lead the way."

We entered the house and by the looks of it, I knew I misjudged it completely. Broken glass on the floor, packets of finished cigarettes, and other types of drugs. I looked around to see the place was actually pretty nice except the broken things here and there, but other than that it was a beautiful place.

After a 2 hours we were finally back at my house taking a break.

"Do you need help unpacking?" I yelled.

"No!!" Isabela yelled back.

I got up, rubbed my face and said "I'm going to check up on Elijah, I'll be back."

"Take your time."

I entered Elijah's house to see it all dark, I turned on the light to see no one there.

"Elijah?" I called out.

I walked to his room to see a fort and a movie playing. I turned on the light to hear a hiss.

"Elijah."

"Babe," he said dragging out the 'e'. "Turn off the light and cuddle."

"Really?"

"Yes really, boys have needs to." He whined.

I took off my shoes, turned the light back off and went to cuddle with Elijah under the fort.

"Why did you make this?"

"I was bored, and this is a chick magnet."

"Boys."

I looked at the television screen to see 'Goosebumps' playing.

"Really?" I asked.

"Shh, this is the good part."

My mind instantly went back to what happened two days ago.

"Babe?" Elijah asked.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing why."

"One, you're not looking at me and two your stiff."

"Oh sorry just had something on my mind."

He pause the movie, got up and picked me up.

"I have legs Elijah."

"I don't care."

He laid me on my stomach and started to massage my back.

"So what's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing." I moaned out of relaxation.

"Tell me, you can trust me you know."

I took a deep sigh and said "Someone wants me to become pregnant by either him or you, and if I don't they will kill you."

He stopped massaging my back and pulled me up.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes Elijah."

"Who? Why? Why didn't you tell anyone? The police."

"Elijah I can't tell, or my life and your life will be in danger."

"So what do you plan on doing?" He asked.